New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Dami. Worst siguro is not exercising this morning. Another noteworthy thing is yung pahagip sa iba. I should not do that na lang siguro esp. if mukhang useless din lang naman.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Dami. Worst siguro is not exercising this morning. Another noteworthy thing is yung pahagip sa iba. I should not do that na lang siguro esp. if mukhang useless din lang naman.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Agree. Hindi na nga ako nag comment dun kasi pointless na.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I wasn't able to backup my aCar data when I switched phone so I've lost 5 years worth of fuel consumption.

This makes me sad. I've been very OC about it and I didn't know that Samsung Smart Switch no longer backs it up. I already did a factory reset on my old phone - another mistake was that I didn't check if everything was restored correctly on the new phone before I deleted the data from the old phone.

I have some fragments of data but I lost about 5 months worth of data from one of my older cars, then all the data from 2 of my previous cars. For my current Civic I lost all the data from January 2018 to current.

I wish there was a way to restore something that I wasn't able to back up. [emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I wasn't able to backup my aCar data when I switched phone so I've lost 5 years worth of fuel consumption.

This makes me sad. I've been very OC about it and I didn't know that Samsung Smart Switch no longer backs it up. I already did a factory reset on my old phone - another mistake was that I didn't check if everything was restored correctly on the new phone before I deleted the data from the old phone.

I have some fragments of data but I lost about 5 months worth of data from one of my older cars, then all the data from 2 of my previous cars. For my current Civic I lost all the data from January 2018 to current.

I wish there was a way to restore something that I wasn't able to back up. [emoji24]

that's really sad bro. that 5yrs FC data is hard to compile...

try to search in google, maybe similar thing happened somewhere and you can get some useful feedback from other forums.

i'll take note the same as i might use Smart switch and reset my S7e soon when i got a new phone.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by monty_GTV; May 12th, 2018 at 01:33 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2013

I use aCar also for the longest time. If you fiddle with the settings, aCar backs up data to cloud. Now I think they back it up to fuelly.

Do you remember setting up an account with aCar? There might still be hope.

But if all back ups are stored locally...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    I use aCar also for the longest time. If you fiddle with the settings, aCar backs up data to cloud. Now I think they back it up to fuelly.

Do you remember setting up an account with aCar? There might still be hope.

But if all back ups are stored locally...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    I don't have a cloud backup with fuelly so all my backups were stored locally. I'll be backing up with the cloud now but I was hoping to restore my old stuff too.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I don't have a cloud backup with fuelly so all my backups were stored locally. I'll be backing up with the cloud now but I was hoping to restore my old stuff too.

In computers, there is the possibility of recovering data from a formatted HDD. There might be a similar method to a phone. If you are willing to experiment, you can try to connect your phone to your PC as an external drive then use a recovery software.

I'll see the names that I've tried and get back to you.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    In computers, there is the possibility of recovering data from a formatted HDD. There might be a similar method to a phone. If you are willing to experiment, you can try to connect your phone to your PC as an external drive then use a recovery software.

I'll see the names that I've tried and get back to you.
    Yes you can. But you have to root the phone, you also have to ensure that the data hasn't been overwritten. My brother's using my old phone now so it's likely that it's been overwritten.

And the hard thing is even if I have access to the phone's files, since I have no backup, I don't have a single specific file to look for but rather need the raw app data. From there, I don't see how I can transfer the raw data to my new phone which I don't plan to root.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Yes you can. But you have to root the phone, you also have to ensure that the data hasn't been overwritten. My brother's using my old phone now so it's likely that it's been overwritten.

And the hard thing is even if I have access to the phone's files, since I have no backup, I don't have a single specific file to look for but rather need the raw app data. From there, I don't see how I can transfer the raw data to my new phone which I don't plan to root.

I remember using EaseUS. I have tried using another software but I can't really remember it back in 1998, I was able to recover some data not as raw file. Anyways, I don't think it would be useful now.

Sometimes, you can still recover the data even if it is already overwritten. Security protocol of data wipe out is seven times written with zero. So I don't think you have overwritten the file seven times. In that case, it may be possible to recover it.

The problem now is the root access, I haven't tried it so I have no idea if it will work. If the files are written "outside", then you may not need root access.

You can give it a try. There's nothing to lose and everything is to be gained.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I remember using EaseUS. I have tried using another software but I can't really remember it back in 1998, I was able to recover some data not as raw file. Anyways, I don't think it would be useful now.

Sometimes, you can still recover the data even if it is already overwritten. Security protocol of data wipe out is seven times written with zero. So I don't think you have overwritten the file seven times. In that case, it may be possible to recover it.

The problem now is the root access, I haven't tried it so I have no idea if it will work. If the files are written "outside", then you may not need root access.

You can give it a try. There's nothing to lose and everything is to be gained.
    Without a backup, the raw data is saved in aCar's appdata rather than a separate .abp or .csv file. So I have to recover the entire aCar folder and transplant that whole folder to my new phone. Surely I can't do that without rooting both the old and new phone. I don't wanna root because that will trigger the knox counter which will void the warranty on my current phone.

And that's if I can even find that aCar folder in the first place. Have googled and there isn't a specific folder location where aCar keeps its un-backed up data.

I've been thinking this through for the past few days and it really seems impossible to recover. What I'm doing now is manually inputting my fill ups using my fleet card receipts which have the date, odometer reading, liters filled up, total cost, and gasoline station branch. What I don't have is the MID readout (I usually compare the variance between MID and actual consumption) as well as the average speed readout (which I use as baseline index when comparing different fillups).

It's quite difficult since most of the receipts have been erased since it's printed on thermal paper. Well, better than nothing.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast