New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Never had a car before when I was studying in Manila. I came to work in HK in 1992 and my first objective is to buy a house in Manila before buying a car. I bought a house in Manila and a lot in Cebu and then plan on buying a car, but when time comes to buy a car, I changed my mind and instead start up a business in Manila. After that, I said ok next stop is buy a car. I was looking at Terrano that time, but suddenly my wife and I changed our minds and buy a bigger house instead. After this I said, next will be really, really a car hehe. So time arrives that we buy a car, so I bought a 2K2 Honda CRV. After few months, I was figured on an accident and my car was declared totally wrecked. I since then change it to a bigger machine that can hold our family during outtings, so I chose and buy the Trooper.

Next stop, if things go well with my business, I will quit my current job and go back to Manila and kung umulan ng pera maybe a new Land Cruiser/Prado or a Nissan Patrol ;)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have been in love with bmw and porsche since i was 8 years old. i always figured that i would own both cars when i grew up and got a job.

however, when i was in high school, i saw the toyota mr2 (the '90-95 model, not the one that looks like a triangle) in my car magazines and loved it...

when i started working after college, i first bought a 92 honda civic (practical/reliable car, my family has always liked hondas, etc etc) - the favorite car of the california riceboy, hehe. one year later, i got dream car #1 - a silver 1993 toyota mr2 turbo. no room for a third passenger seat, steep insurance payments, but i absolutely loved the power and the handling was unreal.

modded both cars a bit, but ended up selling the mr2 to go to grad school. after grad school, i used my signing bonus to buy dream car #2 - a 2001 bmw 330ci. the bmw was exactly what i imagined...silky smooth power, great handling, all the creature comforts i wanted.

if i have the money in the future, i will definitely get dream car #3 - a porsche 911 :D

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The EK was simply attractive, spacious for a small car, and had a promising engine, while the AE101 is the best 1.6 before that car.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    honda CRV - pag uwi ko galing US yan na ang sumundo sa akin eh ...choice ng dadi ko yan kasi preferred ang Honda na brand...saka siguro kasi mura pa cya nung binili namn 990T lang..kung ako papipiliin gusto ko sana BMW X5..hehehe..sori taas ng pangarap ko...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Trooper- just enough to haul my family and THEIR things he..he

Strada- 1st Gen. my Workhorse it's slow but gets the job done.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    gen 2.5 pajero - utility, and porma na rin. besides, di ako nagkasya sa trooper, which was the initial choice. the f150, silverado, exped was out, di kasya sa garage eh, we'd have to crawl out through the tailgate. heheh.

outlander - kasi...porma. and awd pa siya, compared to the initial choice na 2.3 tribute which was FF. besides, maganda hatak niya, test drove it, walang reklamo accelerating from 3rd gear at the lowest possible speed (30kph iirc). they needed a backup car na rin for coding eh.

We where shopping for a car last year since we already sold our Vitara, it came down to two choices, the X-trail and the Rav4, My first choice was the Rav4 4 x 4 my mom liked it but she changed her mind... X-trail na lang daw, then she suggested the Rav 4 4x2, I told her it looks good and its a Toyota, then she changed her mind again X-trail na lang cuz its bigger and since I do carry quite a lot of stuff from the office its more practical. No regrets hear, I love the power and clearance, also the space and seat configuration which can double your cargo space. two thumbs up

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    BMW E36 320i, my baby, my first bimmer n i plan to keep her forever, not the newest body but the classic stance made me fall in love with her at 1st sight! thats y i bought her without even a 2nd thought.

Nissan Cefiro A32, my everyday car, grandpa looks but smooth engine n ultra comfy ride makes it ideal for my daily drive.

if i scrap enough cash i'd either get an E46 or the new rav4 when it comes out or an all new camry.

ako...

my 4wd delica: for quiapo use(esp during flood season...) and family out-trips....and going to dirt-road provinces.
    kia pride: mom's car..practical at 240k brand-new!can cruise 160kph in less than 20 sec at "160kph fuel consumption"...planning to put a mazda BJ-series engine and with 4speed a/t..this would be a blast!
    my maxima: mom registered..my daily sleeper...now a sleeper in the garage because of its fuel appetite!

if i were to sell(planning palang at kelangan ipaalam kay mami) the van and maxima..i would buy either of these...kung susuwertehin....my avatar/signature, a gen2.5 CRV, a new x-trail250x...

sir ungas,

kayo po ba ung nakita kong one-sunday-time sa sto. domingo na patrol(forgot the color) na may plate na "BEAST"..ung (parang arb-style)bullbar na parang nag-eextend to the fenders and to your side-steps?mga twice ko na po kasi nakikita,e...

wala lang..share ko lang

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    naimpress ako sa mga luxury features at brand recall syndrome..bang for the bucks talaga..si matrix naman was just a unanimous choice..i even made up my mind pamana ko na mga 'to sa mga anak ko and just remind them how to maintain and drive defensively with it..

just little bit worried ke bunsoy dahil di talaga maka drive ng ayos..nenenrbyos ako pag sumingit sa pagitan ng nagsasalubungang sasakyan..ngatog..ngatog..

pag tumama sa lotto pede na siguro lexus..aharhahrharr..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
What made you purchase?