New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 89 of 146 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    PAL served "real" food on their domestic flights. On real metal and china!

Miss those BAC 111's!
    That's the one that crash landed on the SLEX before if i recall.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    and PAL flight attendants used to be called flight stewardesses, no matured ladies like now, no male flight attendants. they had strict appearance standards before

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Oskee Salazar saying Sine Silip and some other guy that says katok mga misis :bwahaha:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    "Katok mga misis" is Eagle from Teysi ng Tahanan.

Sent from my Nexus 4

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    and PAL flight attendants used to be called flight stewardesses, no matured ladies like now, no male flight attendants. they had strict appearance standards before
    Yes it was very prestigious in the 80s to work as a flight attendant in PAL, they only hired attractive women. They were even required to maintain a specific weight for their height, no blemishes on the skin and straight teeth with no dentures. That's what I could remember lang. Apparently, these pretty ladies they hired from the 80s never left their jobs

I remember talaga if a person works in PAL in the 80s, very prestigious be it a pilot, executive, FA, staff etc.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    remember crc and rcpi? before the mobile phone, before the internet, we used to send urgent messages through telegrams. if it was not that urgent, we send letters
    nung nasa saudi pa ako nun pag tumatawag ako kay misis ay meron akong "gunner" na dala kasi di pa uso ang calling cards. puro coins lang, yung 100 riyals ay good for 3mins only. sobrang bilis ang patak nya

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Rallye cars!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    If you hear this song coming from a white Sonata with windows-down around 1AM in Banawe, it's probably me

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llyiQ4I-mcQ]Vengaboys - Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!! - YouTube[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Yes it was very prestigious in the 80s to work as a flight attendant in PAL, they only hired attractive women. They were even required to maintain a specific weight for their height, no blemishes on the skin and straight teeth with no dentures. That's what I could remember lang. Apparently, these pretty ladies they hired from the 80s never left their jobs

I remember talaga if a person works in PAL in the 80s, very prestigious be it a pilot, executive, FA, staff etc.

hindi na sila prestigious ngayon cat?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003

They are now the flight pursuer or supervisor on board international flts and lola na if not over weight is on the high side. The attractiveness of those days has long been history. :banana1:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ghostfigther one of my favorite anime in the 90's. meron din game nun sa super nes.

what do you miss about 80's and 90's