New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 72 of 146 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    During the 80's, it was the "made in taiwan" products that were of bad quality. Mga laruan ko dati na made in Taiwan, ambilis masira. But now, Taiwan has ASUS, HTC and other top notch brands.
    even sa BMX parts yung Shimano sa cartimar tatanong agad "taiwan ba to o japan?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    ^oh yeah. So before China opened up where were cheap items sourced from? Totoo ba na Made in Japan was thought of as low quality before? (I dunno what decade that was)

I miss the greenery from the 80s and 90s. Every open greenery is being eaten up.by buildings, a good example would be dlsu taft.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

That was in the early 60's na. As the saying then goes, " Ang gawa ng Hapon, sira agad pagdating ng Hapon". Then came the entry of TOYOTA via taxi of UBL.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

I remembered there was Quad 1, 2, 3, and 4 ...

And those Golden and Federal Taxis, the meters were still mechanical, one can hear them ticking inside. Pag naka air-conditioned taxi ka dati, medyo sosy ka na ...
    In the 60s, City Cab, Dollar and La Mallorca are the taxis. It's either a benz or austin morris.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Stargazer Disco on top of Silahis Hotel .. sinasama ako dati ng mga tito ko, my first baptism to disco houses. And am not complaining

Music Machine

Jealousy

Isis

Lost Horizon

DJ John Robinson ... Rumors!

Pag upo sa mesa, sabay abot sa waiter ng TDK SAX-90 na blank tape for the DJ.
    Lost Horizon was at Philippine Village hotel, Altitude 49 at Manila Garden Hotel now Dusit Hotel and Where Else of the Intercon hotel , Cusco bar at Ramada Hotel, Siete Picados at the Philippine Plaza.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Naalala nyo ba dati yung mga shows ng Girard Peter Models?
    They used to perform at Cafe Rinos along South Super hiway and lunch show at Tradewinds Hotel and also at Manila garden if i'm not mistaken.
    Carmi Martin was a product of this group.

What i missed is the Totorohan sa Conception St Pasay and at In & Out bar across Delta theater. Meron pa ba mga live show now a days?
    Ago-go dancers na ginantsilyo ang bikini with names at the back.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    nasa 90s yan.
    Rizal Theatre 90s? Di ko ata maalala. Baka 70s yan chua?

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    bro alam mo rin yung ROMA sa tabi ng baste?
    Yup, dumadayo rin kami dyan, mas katabi sya ng Phil Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, dami bebot taga baste, meron pa isa sa ilalim ng hyat cinema sa recto din at sunrise sa quiapo, don nagsimula si bata reyes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by compact; August 13th, 2013 at 11:42 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by compact View Post
    Dahil sa thread sa billiards na miss ko tuloy ang azzcaraga biliard hall sa recto, pinalitan na ng sti ngayon tapat ng national bookstore.

Kutsabahan sa spotter para makapangharang ng mga studyante, hehehe.

May mga times pa na doon na ako natutulog, nakaibigan na rin kasi si manager.

Hindi pa masyado uso ang chick na naglalaro kaya pag may naligaw, pyesta mga tambay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah billiards became very popular in the 90s. I still remember Coronado lanes in Greenbelt. My dad was into billiards before I was even born. He converted our billiard table into a regular table na lang when he got tired of playing billiards.

Last edited by _Cathy_; August 13th, 2013 at 11:00 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Bold star ka dati 'day...

Before Eat Bulaga...Student Canteen

I think this is the 70s na with Jackson 5 guesting Student Canteen. The guy with the boe-tie & coat is Ricky Manalo, then Connie Reyes , Michael Jackson, Eddie Ilarde then Bobby Ledesma.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I miss the old Quad Mall ...

And the old Greenbelt, yung time na may Makati Supermarket pa! ...

Then the club row along the side of the church, San Mig, etc .... going to the corner where Faces used to be.
    Coffe shop of Makati Supermarket, champion ang spaghetti , burger steak with matching root beer. Now it's only the spaghetti that's left to be remembered in Alabang ATC.

what do you miss about 80's and 90's