New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 67 of 146 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    EDSA Guadalupe looking toward Boni. As usual, buses can be seen causing traffic at Boni...

At least wala pa masyadong motorsiklo. :D
    You can get stuck in traffic without getting your side view mirror damaged by motorcycles.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^That is so true. Why the sudden increase nga ba in the number of motorcycles? Because it got cheaper or because they offer loans na? Alam ko nung 80s you really have to pay in cash to buy a vehicle. It was only in the mid 90s that I heard about loans?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    ^That is so true. Why the sudden increase nga ba in the number of motorcycles? Because it got cheaper or because they offer loans na? Alam ko nung 80s you really have to pay in cash to buy a vehicle. It was only in the mid 90s that I heard about loans?

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    medyo OT.
    but i think the popularity of motorcycles is because of:

a) poor public transportation
    b) they come cheap... may 1,500 down at 1,800 monthly, may motor ka na.
    c) fuel costs are low.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Like why everything became cheaper... "Made in CHINA".

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^oh yeah. So before China opened up where were cheap items sourced from? Totoo ba na Made in Japan was thought of as low quality before? (I dunno what decade that was)

I miss the greenery from the 80s and 90s. Every open greenery is being eaten up.by buildings, a good example would be dlsu taft.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Back in the 90's, our office was located in the Galleria Corporate Center.
    Parking was so cheap -- 20php ata for the first 4hrs, and 10php per hour.
    Since we'd stay for more than 8 hours, we'd be charged 60-70php.
    What we did instead was to get out of the parking basement during lunch time, make a quick run along the perimeter of the Galleria and get back in to the parking basement. Hehehe... 40php lang per day.

Parking was not a problem back then. In fact, nakaktakot mag park sa B3 ng Galleria kasi walang ka kotse kotse. Traffic was also not an issue. It only took us less than 10mins to get out of the parking basement, turn around and get back in.

By the late 90's hindi na namin nagagawa yung trick na yon. The minute you get near your car, meron nang naka-abang sa likod mo. Hehehe..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ^oh yeah. So before China opened up where were cheap items sourced from? Totoo ba na Made in Japan was thought of as low quality before? (I dunno what decade that was)

I miss the greenery from the 80s and 90s. Every open greenery is being eaten up.by buildings, a good example would be dlsu taft.

I think nun mga late 60's to early 70's ata, I remember seeing a movie before where the detectives had a faulty two-way radio, one of them said: "Damn! made in Japan radios!!!"

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlyt View Post
    I think nun mga late 60's to early 70's ata, I remember seeing a movie before where the detectives had a faulty two-way radio, one of them said: "Damn! made in Japan radios!!!"
    During the 80's, it was the "made in taiwan" products that were of bad quality. Mga laruan ko dati na made in Taiwan, ambilis masira. But now, Taiwan has ASUS, HTC and other top notch brands.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    During the 80's, it was the "made in taiwan" products that were of bad quality. Mga laruan ko dati na made in Taiwan, ambilis masira. But now, Taiwan has ASUS, HTC and other top notch brands.
    Alala ko when i would see a boxtype Lancer with faded tail lights (namuti), "made in taiwan yan"...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Kaya uso dati ang PX goods in Cartimar and Cash & Carry. Dapat "stateside" ang binibili para matibay and of good quality.

^
    Nga pala Primo, do you know where to buy MRE's (Meals ready to Eat) in Pampanga? Last time I heard sa Marquee daw meron?

what do you miss about 80's and 90's