New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako din, college na ako natuto mag aral talaga na di sapilitan...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Ako din, college na ako natuto mag aral talaga na di sapilitan...

naku humanda ka..mukhang bibong bibo ang iyong junior...

city: what journal did you get that?it seems that you know alot about psychology of children.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I started at 5, kindergarten.

Yes. Rewards works to me then. I get a good grade, mom buys me toys. I flunk, I don't get anything at all. Kahit na may subject ako na hate ko, example Math, I'll learn it hard just to get my dream toy.

Fast forward today: I thank my parents for that. You work hard, you get what you want. Rewarding yourself for a job well done, for example.

Now, anyone with a 57 Chevrolet Bel Air?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT
    Thank you guys for all your input. Sana nga latebloomer lang ang aking panganay katulad ni CLAVEL3699.
    And with M54_Powered, who hasn't really exerted so much effort, but has achieved so much,- it speaks well of your genealogy and ability. My kudos!
    Kay GlennSter naman who has 'really studied' almost all of his life and is willing to start over and continue studying,- hats off!
    Ihateyouandme surely is competitive. It augurs well to what we see now in the real world, specially with this thing called globalization. We need a lot like you to turn this country around.
    As for me, I really never stopped studying. Unlike M54_Powered, I always give 100% of what I have to supplement my natural (limited) ability to absorb knowledge. Maybe it is not the high tech things we learn that counts most,- but in our self-discipline to learn new things inspite of the hurdles and difficulties, that we become more equipped to adapt to situations in our environment.
    I really never asked my son to get high grades,- just for him to give his best in the things that he's doing. At the end of the day, he will not be wondering, what if...? Maybe I am asking too much from him. Maybe I want him to be 'just like me'... I really appreciate your input... It has helped me a lot during the last couple of days....
    Payo ko lang syo at ginagawa ko sa anak ko. even hindi sya makakuha nang high grades pinakikita ko sa kanya na mahal na mahal ko sya at lagi ako nasa likod para tulungan sya sa lahat.

My parents push me so much para mag aral, minsan pa nga pinapalo pa ako kasi hindi ko natututunan yung tinuturo sa akin and my rewards system kami but i hated it so much dahil napapakita na bobo ako at matalino mga kapatid ko dahil ako wala sila meron.

Siguro part yun kaya pinabayaan ko na lang lalo pag aaral ko at hindi ako nagsikap dahil bata ako but in the long run they realize na mas matalino ako sa kanila kahit hindi mataas ang grades ko. NCEE ko im one of the highest in the entire country, entrance exam nung college im also one of the highest sa lahat nang eskwela na pinatest san ko.

I also took IQ and EQ test nung graduate ako high school at mataas sya. My point is dont push your child to much baka magkaroon nang side effect sa kanila nun. Push them with love and care.

Nung nagcollege ako they say i will finish it in 6yrs but i prove them wrong and graduate pa ako with colors and in just 3 and half yrs.

Ang sa akin lang is let your child na maging bata andyan ka para gabayan sya nang tama dahil hindi nya maiintindihan pagsobra ang higpit mo para makakuha sya mataas nang grades or pagpasok sa eskwela.

Dapat balanse lahat help him/her to understand things. If u can learn to teach him/her while playing mas maganda para maappreciate nya yung bonding nyo and learning experience nya.

Alam ko madami magdis agree sa akin dito but eto naranasan ko ata ayaw ko maranasan nang anak ko naranasan ko.

Hindi kaagad lumabas ang potential ko 'coz hindi napalabas dahil sobrang hindi ko maintindihan at wala nagpapaliwanag sa akin at may kasama pa palo or parusa or rewards na hindi naman dapat.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by city
    Rewards and praise condition children to seek approval; they end up doing things to impress, instead of doing things for themselves. This can hold back the development of self-motivation and makes them dependent on outside opinion. When children get used to getting goodies for "performing", they become pleasers, over-reliant on positive strokes. Rewards and praise can create a kind of addictive behavior: children can get addicted to recognition, and thus lose touch with the simple joy of doing what they love. So many of us are addicted to prestige: we get depressed when admiration fails to come. Instead of doing what we do for its own sake, we fish for flattery or reassurance, and when the applause dies away, we sink into despair. Giving rewards or praise can be habit-forming. This is because the more rewards we use, the more we have to use them to keep children motivated. Praise cannot create a personal commitment to "good" behavior or performance. It only creates a commitment to seeking praise.
    or yet mas lalo sya mawawalan gana sa buhay 'coz hindi nya makuha ang rewards na yun at mafrustrate sya.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Corruption tawag dun... May kapalit lagi heheheh... Only works well for pets IMO.

The key, in my opinion, is for the person (doesn't matter how old they are) to see the OUTCOME of what they've done.

Results will bring motivation (whether you've reached the end of what you are seeking to achieve, or getting a step closer to it). The lack of it will bring frustration.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenok

Am a proud dad now especially this friday, my child is sure to get 1st honor on her graduation besting her class and being the youngest that is.
    And so it was....her first medal was "Best in MAth". Akala namin ayun na, then yung principal nag-speech muna announcing na wala daw 1st o 2nd honor sa Nursery level but they have chosen a student who was consistently outstanding in all her academics and that is no less than our child, bale sole recipient sya....

Di namin alam gagawin ni esmi dat time kc nga it came as a real surprise sa amin and the teachers didn't announce it prior to the event kaya talagang nabigla kami.

This is one of my unforgettable moment as a parent.....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    nagsimula lang ako mag-aral mabuti nung college na ako.. HS life ko dati, never akong gumagawa ng homework, kopya lang lahat!!

[SIZE=3]Mr Moo's nudemanila.com[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Nagsimula me mag-aral, umm, the day before the test. Ehehe.

Sir city, I think ok yung reward system my parents: money for awards... but i never received it (until I was 16). Instead, may little saver's passbook me where I could watch it grow and I could see na if no award there's a small increase because of the interest, but if I had an award, yehey big increase! That was so fun, and I didn't really mind kung wala me award cuz may little up pa rin...

Of course, that all stopped in HS. In HS naman, it was the yabang of being in the (Semi-)Honors class. Ehehe.

Of course you & Glenn are right na I forgot everything. Where did my real education come from? My parents were smart enough to leave all kinds of books lying around. The best are those puzzle books, from coloring all the way up to crosswords. Also we had speak & spell machines. Finally, I read my way through the Bible, 3 encyclopediae, the Childcraft series, the Time-Life history series, etc (often may repeat reading). Business courses were a breeze cuz I was up-to-date on Fortune magazine. (My personal favorite was when I found my dad's very well-hidden ****, wahehe) Oh yeah, my parents would tell lots of stories too.

Because of this wealth of knowledge, I could cram (parang refresher lang) and take school life easy (except for Math). Of course my last honor was in GS. But I never failed any subject either. This is how I developed my street smarts... copying stuff, xeroxing notes (I never took notes), getting Light Duty in CMT, messing with chicks, all the wonderful stuff.

Btw, before I get judged... graduated college 20 yrs old, double-major (ehehe to make up for getting kicked out of the Math intensive course), 2 gf's, 3 flings, and a whole lot of... fun & games, go clubbing evey weekend on my allowance in college circa early 90's: P200 a week.

School: a formal foundation (best to have it)
    Street: this is where life's at

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    naku humanda ka..mukhang bibong bibo ang iyong junior...

city: what journal did you get that?it seems that you know alot about psychology of children.

i don't know much.....i just read and see if it makes sense.

i find "The natural child" a very interesting site. it's about emphatic parenting which i believe works.

It teaches about nonviolent communication instead of spanking, humiliation, timeouts and punishment. It teaches alternatives to punishment.

it talks a lot about the natural child from birth to adolescent kids. Very informative.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
What Age/Level Did You Really Start Studying? How to Encourage Your Kid To Study?