New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    boydapa is right. it really depends on the situation. come to think of it ... would you have eisenhower lead the pathfinders france or even on the first wave on the beaches of normandy in '44?

what mel gibson portrayed was the 'should be' image of any ground combat comander. you can relate this with col. danny mcknight in black hawk down.

i would have paid more respect to the magdalo leaders should they have done that. at least leave on the last truck off makati.

with that, i cannot speak less of palparan.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by boydapa
    given the pull out requirements logistics and all that , it will take quite a while take note that the deadline is hours away... so on the part of the govmnt to express that they are sincere in their pull out made it a point that their top man goes home first---to show that the militants that the rest will be next. it is a strategy on the part of the military to buy more time...
    For such a symbolic move, we lost respect from international community, and for a few dollars of doleouts, Malaysia and Libya gained advances in palm oil plantation, airline flight frequencies...

Talong-talo talaga ang Pinoy dito. Naisahan tayo..

The Iraqi militants, Libyans and Malaysians just got what they wanted, and it came with a bonus... The liguasan marsh where buliok complex is located, pinaghirapan ito ng AFP na makuha sa MILF, at ngayon MILF benefactor pa ang makikinabang?

This is insane if not crazy!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by Recon Ryan
    boydapa is right. it really depends on the situation. come to think of it ... would you have eisenhower lead the pathfinders france or even on the first wave on the beaches of normandy in '44?

what mel gibson portrayed was the 'should be' image of any ground combat comander. you can relate this with col. danny mcknight in black hawk down.

i would have paid more respect to the magdalo leaders should they have done that. at least leave on the last truck off makati.

with that, i cannot speak less of palparan.
    recon::: you paid SOME respect for the magdalo "leaders" who got paid to stage the coup? they even paid less attention to their men. it was their own personal agenda they were pushing. onething more, security elements wont allow the magdalo leaders to leave oakwood in the last truck becuase they might go somewhere else.

col hal moore in the seige of Ia Drang Valley, led his personnel up front because there was little/no intelligence he could use in his troop leading procedure. eisenhower used the pathfinders in france purposely to gather intelligence, they are the scouts who recon the battlefield in preparation for the war.

anyway, whatever, whenever and wherever the situation, there are still leaders who say "FOLLOW ME!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
"we were soldiers..."