New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    it will be interesting to see the gdp for whole of 2007, barring any political or natural disasters.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    On a roll? With one quarters performance? And with barely any manufacturing which continues to decline? And with an annual growth rate STILL below inflation? It would be more sppropriate to say lumiit ang lugi.

Kung kumpara sa africa though ... bravo!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    window dressing....

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    when you wake up in the morning and go to work, try not to tune into AM radio, or watch morning news. dont even pickup a newspaper even if it's for free. when you come home late at night, dont ever ever watch the evening news

and lastly, stop thinking that you are the center of the universe. that you can change the world, or that you have a place in history or that you have a say in everything that's happening around us.

that'll keep you focused on your own tasks. and when you succeed on your own tasks, tapos makakabasa ka ganito good news like this thread. I tell you, you'll be more motivated.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Re: manufacturing... P&G is currently investing big USD into RP, significantly in CDO and Laguna. Phillip Morris, dagdag capacity, making RP regional hub for SEA. And that's only what's in the news. Manufacturing is dying where unions are strong: Valenzuela, northern Metro Manila, Detroit...

Pero buhay sya where labor is more understanding: Laguna, Cavite, Batangas, Georgia, South Carolina...

Outsourcing industry grabe, tiba-tiba... and still demand is far outstripping supply.

Q1-Q3 2006 was bad for us... pero Q4 2006 up to now... woohoo buhay!

Mind you, di po kami drug lord o jueteng ha... (di rin kidnapper o hitmen... )

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    when you wake up in the morning and go to work, try not to tune into AM radio, or watch morning news. dont even pickup a newspaper even if it's for free. when you come home late at night, dont ever ever watch the evening news
    why not? information in itself is liberating and empowering. are you suggesting that the anti-GMA crowd just have too much time on their hands? that's a bit too Hugo Chavez or Kim Jong Il don't you think?

and lastly, stop thinking that you are the center of the universe. that you can change the world, or that you have a place in history or that you have a say in everything that's happening around us.
    i didn't know that civil and societal awareness effectively translated into egocentricity and narcissism. what the most advanced democratic countries would call democratic idealism this country brands as subversive or even rebellious.

that'll keep you focused on your own tasks. and when you succeed on your own tasks, tapos makakabasa ka ganito good news like this thread. I tell you, you'll be more motivated.
    my focus on performance and success have never wavered despite my discontent for this government. in fact, the sheer loathing for GMA (and Erap for that matter) has pushed us to perform better.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sabi nga sa isang radio program last weekend,
    mukhang ok na nga ang economy dahil panay ang travel abroad ni pgma.
    (siya lang daw ang nakaka-enjoy nito?)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by metatron View Post
    why not? information in itself is liberating and empowering. are you suggesting that the anti-GMA crowd just have too much time on their hands? that's a bit too Hugo Chavez or Kim Jong Il don't you think?
    some people kasi take it seriously kaya minsan nagagalit, then despair, then insensitivity, then anarchy. highly doubt that's liberating nor empowering, in fact nahawakan na kagad sa leeg ang taong mapagpaniwalain, and take note sulat or sabi-sabi pa lang yan.

i didn't know that civil and societal awareness effectively translated into egocentricity and narcissism. what the most advanced democratic countries would call democratic idealism this country brands as subversive or even rebellious.

there is a system in place for all of us to work as a team, as pinoy countrymen. there are so many checks and balances installed even in our own govt. civil awareness does not mean that we should get involved nor that our personal opinion matters. it just means that we should be aware.

my focus on performance and success have never wavered despite my discontent for this government. in fact, the sheer loathing for GMA (and Erap for that matter) has pushed us to perform better.

good for you sir. but a majority of us dont. most of us will only move or act when the atmosphere is positive.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sana someone could end this thread on a postive and optimistic note. tapos lock down na agad hehehehe. baka maudlot pa eh

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    On a roll? With one quarters performance? And with barely any manufacturing which continues to decline? And with an annual growth rate STILL below inflation? It would be more sppropriate to say lumiit ang lugi.

Kung kumpara sa africa though ... bravo!
    i believe the gdp growth of 6.9% for the 1st quarter is still higher than our inflation rate of between 2 to 3 percent. although i still doubt if this growth is sustainable for the whole year , much less for several years, it would still be a nice start.

this 6.9% growth would make potential investors looking for locations here in asia to take notice of the philippines.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
are we really on a roll?