New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by karl88 View Post
    i've been wondering for a long time na, if it is really possible to just turn off the ignition key while the gear is still engaged when you experience a brake failure. does anybody know if it really works? kasi baka gamitin natin yung technique na yon...tapos di pala effective.

hmmm...ongano. pero baka naman naipit yung car matting niya or tsinelas or sapatos?

nangayari sakin minsan na i step on the brakes but the car still goes...yun pala, yung edge ng sapatos ko, sumabit din sa gas. hirap din kasi if you drive with shoeboxes. :lol:

or...i've heard this happen sa POCUK about a guy's pajero who still kept running after stepping on the brakes to the point of smoking brakes. turns out, the oil supposed to lubricate and cool the turbo was being leaked onto the intake, thus feeding the engine even more and keeping the engine revving.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Just don't panic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikkomann View Post
    Ito yung madaling sabihin pero mahirap gawin, lalo na pag sobrang bilis at biglaan.
    I agree with the immediately preceeding post, hard to say what really happened and probably all we can do is speculate and good for us, we have all the time to discuss what he should have done or shouldn't have done.

poor driver, he probably had about a split second to think of what's best to do and I think he did quite well considering that no one was seriously hurt..

:peace:
    Last edited by slamtaz; November 1st, 2006 at 01:40 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    kung matic pwede din engage agad sa reverse para mamatayan ng makina

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikkomann View Post
    IMHO, iba pa rin kasi yung simulated sa actual. And realistically speaking, halos wala namang nakapagpa-practice ng ganito dito satin.

Teka, bumunggo din yung sasakyan doon sa puno, diba? Bakit parang hindi natinag yung puno?
    Magkaiba nga, but if you keep repeating it enough times, you will get the hang of it. You don't really need to crash in order to know how not to crash.

I ask my 'students' to drive at normal roadspeeds and then try to stop the vehicle within a reasonable distance without using the service brakes (to simulate a brake failure). This along with other scenarios such as the ever so familiar 'ball rolling on the street being chased by a kid'.

Of course even practice does not make it foolproof, it just lessens the chance of making a bad situation worse. Like the time a tire flew off the back of a truck in the opposite lane of the old NLEX (with grass center divider). The tire fell from the truck and started to roll across the grass divider. Instinct would have had me slamming on the brakes. But since I have practiced 'powering' myself out of trouble before, I knew the MB100 could do it, so instead of slamming on the brakes, I gunned the throttle (while shouting a load full of expletives). I managed to slip past the tire as it finally made its way across and entered into my lane.

Btw, most vehicular incidents on the roads are not accidents, they are crashes.

In case anyone is wondering, yes, I have experienced a complete brake failure before. I've also experienced a partial brake failure. Both on adequately maintained vehicles. Sometimes you just don't know what will happen. I did not crash during both failures and still managed to limp to my destination.

Btw, I'm not in any way lambasting or questioning the ability of the Trooper driver. I'm just pointing out that it is possible to prepare for such scenarios. Something which could be of benefit to fellow Tsikoteers.
    Last edited by OTEP; November 2nd, 2006 at 01:08 AM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Sa akin minsan ganun naka bitaw na ako sa accelerator pero ang taas pa din ng rpm niya kaya ang ginagawa naka brake ako then rev ko na lang ulit siya para bumaba ang rpm.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Walang ibang may kasalanan diyan kundi yung steel fence. Bakit ba merong steel fence dun? Saka kasalanan di yan nung concrete bench. Dapat hindi sila naglalagay ng concrete bench dun. Na-damage tuloy yung Trooper.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    Walang ibang may kasalanan diyan kundi yung steel fence. Bakit ba merong steel fence dun? Saka kasalanan di yan nung concrete bench. Dapat hindi sila naglalagay ng concrete bench dun. Na-damage tuloy yung Trooper.

herherherherher nde.....ang me kasalanan eh yung traffic light..kung walang traffic light don eh hindi sila hihinto at di nila kailangang umarangkada ulit so malamang eh di dapat na-stuck yung silinyador....

pero ang ultimate na me kasalanan eh yung umimbento ng combustion engine....kung di nya naimbento yon eh walang trooper na mabubunggo ngayon..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    dapat meron tayong Avoiding Crashes Workshop by sir OTEP. hehehe. magkano kaya ang charge? :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe, basta oto ni Doc ang gagamitin ha.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: I always use the "students'" vehicles. :lol: Wala akong compre, sila usually meron.

Nagtuturo ako kay commander magmaneho kahapon. Eh walang ibang matinong sasakyan dito (wala yung Picanto at Vitara). Pinahiram ko muna Pajero. Wala pa kaming 30 minutes, nasa ibabaw na ng bangketa yung Pajero. Diyos ko po buti na lang hindi kami naka-Picanto, baka oblong na lahat ng gulong nun. :lol:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Vehicular Accident at Ayala Ave. cor. Dela Costa