New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by pepengtom
    cno po b ung bgong mod? gn2 b ung nire2klamo m?
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sorry.. im truly sorry...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guilty po ako dito, yun hindi gumagamit ng capital letters and lots of typo error. pero may period naman po after ng sentence ko. nagmamadali lang akong mag type baka kasi mawala sa isip ko yun isusulat ko. siguro po wag naman masyadong mahipit, a simple PM would do sa mga SMS type na posts. hindi po lahat tayo magagaling sa english and sometimes filipino. Pero ako lang ito.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mahirap kasi mag text ng full words kasi isang daliri lang per hand ang gamit. Kaya intindihin din natin yung mga short cut mag post. Yes, they have a full keyboard in front of them, pero baka naman isang finger lang ang meron sila per hand. PEACE!

OT: Congratulations ssaloon, moderator ka na pala. Regards to your Dad!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    I think typos and minor grammatical errors are forgivable... huwag lang yung "shortened text" as the title of this thread implies. Peace!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by boybi
    also, bear in mind that there are a lot of overseas forumers that are not accustomed to our text linggos. kaya kelangan talaga full words sana tayong lahat kung mag post dito.
    yeah, i'm not familiar with SMS shortcuts. i really don't mind the typos and the occasional grammar error - after all, like someone above said: no one is perfect, especially not me.

but if i cannot even make sense of a reply, or get a headache playing 'fill in the blanks', i just don't read the post.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmmmm..

IMO, there is a really need for us... not to use the text lingo... though we say we are the texting capital of the world but still we must respect the ettiquettes on the board...

even for the moderators and poster and even I am guilty of this.. but we must bear in mind that we must respect others opinion as we respect them...

so my verdict is.. AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE DON'T USE TEXT LINGO..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    probably, there will come a time na SMS shortcuts will be accepted worldwide.
    it would be a part of man's evolution,
    and we'll be the pioneers! ;)

sa city of manila, may mga sign na PED XING sa kalye,
    Pedestrian Crossing pala yun?!
    Last edited by zero; June 24th, 2004 at 09:13 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by zero
    probably, there will come a time na SMS shortcuts will be accepted worldwide.
    it would be a part of man's evolution,
    and we'll be the pioneers! ;)

sa city of manila, may mga sign na PED XING sa kalye,
    Pedestrian Crossing pala yun?!
    Good point Zero!

OT: International sign na ba yang PED XING? First time I saw it di ko maintindihan. Kala ko pedicab exiting or pedophile exercising along Roxas blvd.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe the phone manufacturers will come out with new phones that won't send the text if its not spelled correctly or the grammar is wrong
    Signature

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Using shortened text grammar on forums.