New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    This has happened to me twice with my BDO Debit Card.

Didn't have enough cash to pay for fuel so used my BDO debit card. After a long wait the gas boy tells me that I have to enter a PIN number - meaning I have to exit my car and go to the cashier and enter my PIN. Not only is this a nuisance but it poses as a bit of a security threat.

Happened to me twice, once at a Caltex and another at Shell. They never used to ask for a PIN number for debit cards but now they do. A signature was fine before.

I'll be carrying a lil bit more cash with me now.

Just wondering if it's a BDO thing or for all debit cards?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRow View Post
    This has happened to me twice with my BDO Debit Card.

Didn't have enough cash to pay for fuel so used my BDO debit card. After a long wait the gas boy tells me that I have to enter a PIN number - meaning I have to exit my car and go to the cashier and enter my PIN. Not only is this a nuisance but it poses as a bit of a security threat.

Happened to me twice, once at a Caltex and another at Shell. They never used to ask for a PIN number for debit cards but now they do. A signature was fine before.

I'll be carrying a lil bit more cash with me now.

Just wondering if it's a BDO thing or for all debit cards?
    They really need your PIN number before they can process and you sign the receipt... Its for your protection

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    It's not a BDO thing nor is it for all debit cards.

I also use my BDO ATM card for fuel purchases. Some gas stations process it like a cedit card that requires you to sign the receipts, while some use wireless terminals where they bring you the unit where you have to enter your PIN. No need to exit the car. It's a wireless unit wherein you enter your PIN.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I prefer PIN. dito sa My card here in Australia is PIN activated. kahit sa Pinas ako PIN ang required. cheers

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    It is for your own protection, bro....

13.6K:painting:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'll have this anytime instead of just signing a receipt. as they said, its for your own protection. and the fact that its an atm card, baka andyan pa savings mo and pag nawala yan kahit sino pwede na gumamit. ang dali gayahin ng signature.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yup kailangan talaga ang PIN

debit card talaga requires pin... its your savings account,e... credit card, di talaga humihingi ng pin...dun sila kumikita,e...security purposes ika nga...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas maganda nga eh additional protection, eh deduct agad sa account mo yan eh unlike credit card, pwede mo pa ilaban pag meron amiss sa charges

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    using BDO debit sa petron gas station or kahit sang gas station?safe ba gumamit ng debit card sa gas station? paranoid lang kasi hinde humingi ng PIN...

Using Debit Card to pay for fuel now requires PIN number?