New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Anyone of you guys and gals collect coins? Your simple barya might be worth more than you can imagine.

Did you know that an ounce of silver now is around $17 and an ounce of gold is at $900++.

Coin collecting or numismatist is a fun hobby and a good alternative investment.

I'm sure a lot of you have ALKANSYA. Why not check if you have pre-war coins in your stash. It might be something of value at these times. Lolo or lola might have saved a couple of them in their hidden bayong or safety deposit box. A 1903 one peso coin could fetch as high as $10,000.00. Look at this site: www.philippinecoins.com

I myself am an amateur numismatist. I have an assorted collection of Philippine and international coin pieces both gold and silver.

OT
    Suddenly I remembered how important a "tatlong bente singko" during the 1980's that it was made into a song by now Mr. Jessa Zaragosa hehehe...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Looks like they're increasing in value - another member from another forum is also looking for coins.

Too bad I just got the laundry done and used up quite a bunch of quarters

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    may kilala ba kayo or alam na place na nabibili ang mga 1940's na coins? yung friend ko maraming ganun.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    One of the most obvious places to sell the coins are over the net. Try Ebay for instance.

Or you can try antique shops, stamps and coin stores, private collectors, pawnshops, and travel agencies. Yup, Thomas Cook sometimes engage in rare coin trading.

Those 1940's coins can fetch as high as $20 each.

Tip: If you want the coins to have a better-than-usual value, those must be authenticated by a reputable company such as PCGS or NGC.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Me alam ba kayo na bumubili ng 1 peso coin dating 1906 I am willing to sell some if the price is right I have some of this collection.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Tip: If you want the coins to have a better-than-usual value, those must be authenticated by a reputable company such as PCGS or NGC.
    PCGS or NGC ano po yun? sorry for being a noob hehe

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PCGS - Professional Coin Grading Service ( www.pcgs.com )

NGC - Numismatic Guaranty Corporation ( www.ngccoin.com)

All your questions regarding coin grading will be answered in their website. You will need to spend a little to have your coins graded but the rewards are truly worth it. Have fun

Usapang Coins and Coin Collecting