New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Brownout from 5AM to 8PM. My worst fear was that it was like Melenyo. So this time we stayed sa house. (DUring the Melenyo, we got trapped outside by floods and fallen trees. The next day, nanganak si misis. So I was thinking, possible pala na napa-anak sya sa street during Melenyo.)

We live in a condo so may generator for corridors. At least may ilaw na pwede pumasok sa unit namin. Nakakainis lang yung unit na katapat namin. Walang tao at that time and pinasok ng water yung windows nya. So lumabas sa door and sa amin ang punta. Every hour nililinis ng janitor. Pag walang janitor, ako na nagmomop para lang di pumunta water sa unit namin. GRRR!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    laking abala ginawa sa amin nitong bagyo na ito sa HKG vacation namin. nadelay kami ng alis papunta HKG nung Jun 22. dapat 8am alis namin ng manila pero pasado 5pm na nakaalis eroplano. tapos hinabol pa kmi ulit sa HKG. Tuesday night (Jun 24) eh umulan na sa Macau tapos lakas na ng hangin sa HKG. Jun 25 eh signal # 8. Jun 26 mahina na hangin pero umuulan parin. Yung 5 days dapat na vacation naging 2.5days na lang. haaaay!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    laking abala ginawa sa amin nitong bagyo na ito sa HKG vacation namin. nadelay kami ng alis papunta HKG nung Jun 22. dapat 8am alis namin ng manila pero pasado 5pm na nakaalis eroplano. tapos hinabol pa kmi ulit sa HKG. Tuesday night (Jun 24) eh umulan na sa Macau tapos lakas na ng hangin sa HKG. Jun 25 eh signal # 8. Jun 26 mahina na hangin pero umuulan parin. Yung 5 days dapat na vacation naging 2.5days na lang. haaaay!
    Do not fret nor worry bro.,- it is just a temporary inconvenience. At least safe kayo ng pamilya ninyo....Some of our countrymen were not that lucky (God bless their souls)....

Anyway, the nightmare started as soon as we entered Calauan, Laguna. The worst part happened when we reached the mountainous area na uphill yung road (we took the wrong turn thanks to my husband who several minutes earlier said that “Men do not ask for direction!”). Kung kelan pa nandun kami sa uphill na road saka pa tumindi ang hangin….it felt like we were inside a washing machine literally!!! Visibility was zero and we were traveling at an ave speed of 10-15kph the whole stretch with all lights turned on and my wiper set to fastest. Even my son stopped playing his DS!!!

I did not feel nervous or scared (probably the Adrenalin rush) during the whole ordeal. The only thing I can think of during that time is to get us out of the road safely and soon! By the time we reached the main road of San Pablo City it was already sunny!!!

At what time did you encounter the strong winds and almost zero visibility, in Laguna, I presume, Sis? The place where you had your 'experience' could be something like 60Kms further south from SouthMM, where we experienced the strong winds at around 3:30AM Sunday....

6303:fetch:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Nagising at di na makatulog sa ingay ng hangin

Pareho tayo...brownout pero samin.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Do not fret nor worry bro.,- it is just a temporary inconvenience. At least safe kayo ng pamilya ninyo....Some of our countrymen were not that lucky (God bless their souls)....
    yan na nga din iniisip ko sir. maswerte parin kami compared sa iba

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    At what time did you encounter the strong winds and almost zero visibility, in Laguna, I presume, Sis? The place where you had your 'experience' could be something like 60Kms further south from SouthMM, where we experienced the strong winds at around 3:30AM Sunday....6303:fetch:

i think it was between 200-300 pm Saturday when we experienced Frank's fury . Between 2-4am Sunday we experienced again very strong winds but that time we were at the resort already. ...had a couple of hours sleep...when I woke up we saw several trees uprooted!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Typhoon FRANK - how were you affected?