New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The typhoon FRANK passed the Philippines yesterday and did a lot of damage.

How were you affected by the storm? ... got flooded? House damaged? Anyone you knew got hurt?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I just had a hard time driving from Paranaque to Greenhills to attend a party. I was stressed the whole morning because I couldn't decide if I should go or not. I was surprised to see that a lot of people attended the party in spite of the weather Food was so good kaya sulit naman

Our garden turned out to be a disaster the morning after the storm but it was nothing compared to what happened after Milenyo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no biggie, electricity was just cut off for a couple of hours...just slept through it...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On my end... not much happened aside from the power getting cut off at 4am to 12noon. Generally I was just bored as I didn't have any place to go nor any power to turn on my computer. Slept a bit.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 23rd, 2008 at 01:18 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    affected only by power cut off, buti na lang i have a laptop and psp na mapaglilibangan..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No power for half a day. Nothing a good game of pusoy dos can kill

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Had a micro-flood inside yesterday morning... one of the drainage pipes cracked and leaked inside the house. Had to go out at 10 am and buy "Water Stop" marine epoxy to seal it up. That stuff really works, but it's a b**ch to get out of the container... rock hard until you start kneading it.

Couldn't get any sleep at all. The wind was howling all night and I could see rain flying by the streetlights at what seemed to be speeds in excess of 100 km/h. At least I had some internet, thanks to Globe Visibility.

Thanks to this typhoon cancelling all our trips, and the insomnia from the worry over whether the pipe would burst again, I actually got some work done, for once.

This wasn't as bad as the Millenyo flooding... thank God... the Cavite local government was keeping a close watch over the dikes this time (one more giant Laguna flood due to those dikes and us Tagalogs will invade Cavite and blow all those damn reservoirs up... )... and it wasn't the windiest storm in the past two decades (there was one that blew roofs of of houses here back in the 90's), but it was pretty nerve-wracking.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Where we live (Commonwealth, QC), it didn't affect us at all. Rains weren't that strong, as with the wind. Wala rin naman kaming lakad ni misis that day (Sunday), so we pretty much bored ourselves reading the newspapers, watching cable TV and stuffing outselves with home-cooked meals.

There was a power outage alright, but it lasted no more than 20 minutes.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tried to get home but the stretch of Imelda Avenue where I pass was flooded. Since the car in front of me was able to go through, I tried myself but had to turn back midway when I saw the wheels of the CRV 2-3 cars in front of me entirely submerged.

Went to Robinson's Metro East and waited for the flood to subside na lang. Daming cars na naka park along Imelda Ave., and the gas stations along the roads.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    a lot of debris from fallen leaves in my backyard.... havent got time to clean them though. Power was out almost the whole day. We just hear the news from a battery operated transistor radio.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Typhoon FRANK - how were you affected?