New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    dapat hindi 10% taas ng petrol, while me VAT binawasan nila yung excise tax ng mga ito, ewan ko lng kung masususnod

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    The additional tax is necessary, but we all just have to make sure it goes where it should.

If you were in the administration, won't you look much better to the voting public if you lowered the VAT to 1% (from 10%)? The government needs the revenues, otherwise we'd be facing a massive financial crisis as early as next year.

How about the funds going to DPWH? daming roads dito na sira di inaayos, yung mga ayos na roads sinisira

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Was wondering din how a tax cannot affect basic commodities... Basic commodities' production and transport process uses products that are affected by the VAT... So for sure it'll be affected.

Oh, since when was oil, electricity and commute not a basic commodity. Labo nila.

Lastly, those TV ads about the new eVat "benefits" is really stupid. If the gov't (assuming walang bubulsa sa bagong govt income) makes 10% more income from this new tax, it'll probably go to debt repayment before "hospitals and schools" will benefit as stated in the commercials.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    hindi yata dapat ganyan ang pagcompute ng VAT ng mga LPG and other petroleum products. kasi i understand under the EVAT law, meron tinanggal na mga taxes sa mga LPG and petroleum products, tapos dun palang i-add on yung VAT.
    on our case as dealers, our suppliers put 10% of tax on our total purchase(LPG) under the new vat law. I am speaking only in the perspective of a dealer.

Sa LPG po kasi walang incentive na ibinigay ang gobyerno unlike sa DIESEL and REGULAR gasoline. kaya kung mapapansin nyo ang presyo ng gasolina at diesel ay umagwat na naman sa isat isa.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy
    The additional tax is necessary, but we all just have to make sure it goes where it should.

If you were in the administration, won't you look much better to the voting public if you lowered the VAT to 1% (from 10%)? The government needs the revenues, otherwise we'd be facing a massive financial crisis as early as next year.
    I dont think VAT is the solution. The solution is to downsize the govt.
    eliminate redundant agencies like the senate & congress. even though pang check & balance ito pag dating sa legislative work & laws, it's just wasting time & resources with their bickerings, debates & god knows what

alam nyo ba na bawat isang congressman sa Batasan mayroon sariling staff
    na halos minimum of 10 ang bataan na pasweldo.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    "We are exerting all efforts to mitigate the impactof VAT on consumer goods..." FinSec Cesar Purisima
    Yeah right. This is double speak for "we *#%*& don't know what to do."

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i was watching tv this morning and there was this guy from the gov't (bir ata) saying... salamat at maayos na naipatupad ang vat sa gasolina.... di naman daw gaanong mararamdaman ng mga motorista ang 3 peso vat na dagdag... actually its not 10% its only 6%...

got me thinking is this guy dreaming or what?

Quote Originally Posted by impulzz
    i was watching tv this morning and there was this guy from the gov't (bir ata) saying... salamat at maayos na naipatupad ang vat sa gasolina.... di naman daw gaanong mararamdaman ng mga motorista ang 3 peso vat na dagdag... actually its not 10% its only 6%...
    Maybe what he meant was, "Di ko naman mararamdaman ang 3 pisong dagdag..."

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hop kors matutuwa yung mga kolektor ng BIR. Yang VAT eh "daming benefits" sa kanila., if you know what I mean.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
"Tricle-down effect" ng VAT