New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    I agree din with nico: What if the management NEEDS to make those changes like relocating office and not giving pay raises to keep the company afloat?

Parang mga kumag na nagwewelga sa factory na bankrupt na... Parang yung sa C5/Rosario sa harap ng Tiendesitas, for sale na yung factory andun padin sila the past 2 years, di nalang naghanap ng trabaho.

+1 here.

although based on the article, i would say na yung biggest factor would be yung directional role ng management and yung decision level ng R&F, most of these factors are really way beyond the control of management and because they have to do it because of business factors.

minsan, ilagay din natin ang position natin at a management point of view. business is business and there are certain requirements that management would have to do to protect stakeholders requirements.

pero there are ways to balance everything.... and for one thing, communication and team work is a key.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any one of the people on this forum with management experience and half a brain could've come up with that list on their own.

i expected more from a self-named "retention guru"

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I dont want to blame the employee nor the manager... it is simply business. if you're worth to the company is just like this then they will compensate you with the same. just always remember that if you feel you have more worth than what you are receiving then go and leave. it is just the same thing as business. you are just looking for better profits and your commodity would be your expertise

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm send ko nga ito sa mga bosabos ko..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    most employees think that the grass is greener on another company. ;)

anyone here a reader of Dilbert?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bardigones
    most employees think that the grass is greener on another company. ;)

anyone here a reader of Dilbert?
    hahaha! oo nga! naalala ko yan comic strip na yan ng Dilbert

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    From my perspective and my own opinion, I look at the availability of opportunities and personal growth within the company, and the long-term strategic business direction of the company in relation to my personal goals and values.

but then again, inorder to retain my employability I need to constantly upskill myself inorder for the company to retain me... and pay me more than others because I posses a unique skill others do not have
    Last edited by cardo; August 2nd, 2006 at 03:50 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    All I'm saying is that it's not management's fault everytime an employee quits his or her job.
    Baka nasa Top 11 to 20 yong puro 'Employee...' naman.

Of course it's not the management's fault everytime.... it's just most of the time.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo
    From my perspective and my own opinion, I look at the availability of opportunities and personal growth within the company, and the long-term strategic business direction of the company in relation to my personal goals and values.

but then again, inorder to retain my employability I need to constantly upskill myself inorder for the company to retain me... and pay me more than others because I posses a unique skill others do not have

Agree!!! pero may mga companies na inaantay na magfile ng resignation ung mga valuable assets nila bago nila bigyan ng rewards or other ek eks.... Ung iba naman kahit exceptional ung skills di rin ina-acknowledge hanggang sa magresign tapos dun lang marerealize na kailangan din pala ng kumpanya ung ganung tao.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Most of the time, employees do quit on their bosses and not the company. Some boss are really not deserving of their position. They mistreat people so bad. A lot of times, employees leave because of better opportunities outside or to see other places(if abroad). In more established companies, positions get saturated that there are no more rooms to promote people. And multiple levels for one position are created so people would feel a sense of progress even if pay is not really that good. Some companies call this excelllent retention program but in the end, these are all just bubbles. And when people realize these empty promises, they go and seek other jobs only to find out that really these are just all bubbles which is all over the employment world....because it is simply business and businesses need to make profit.

In my opinion, the way to go is take on a business/entrepreneurship early in your career so that you can quit your job early and create more wealth/jobs/opprotunity and before you know it, you are now thinking of retention programs for your own company.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Top Ten Reasons Why People Quit Their Jobs