New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i had this steadler technical pens na one set (.1 .3 and .5) the .3 and .5 worked well but the .1 parang putol-putol yung sulat nya. den hanggang nag leak sya pag shineshake ko. i took it apart and cleaned it running water. what i did at first is only to remove the body (hindi ko binaklas yung sa point section, cleaning pin, etc) and held it under the faucet hoping to remove all ink inside and eventually what seems to block the ink flow. after that i replaced the ink reservoir and after a few seconds of shaking sumulat na uli, and di na nagleak.

the day na dinala ko na sya sa school i used it without problems until nagleak nanaman sya. pero maayos pang sumulat. sabi ko sa sarili ko siguro dapat tanggalin yung point section so yun na nga ginawa ko kahapon. tas i saw the picture below and meron pa palang parts inside sa point section. i took it apart and cleaned it. pero when i placed it back together i bent the thin wire on the cleaning pin. in a few attempts to straighten it and put it inside the feed tube it somehow disconnected from the cleaning pin nakita ko pa sya pero attempting to put it back sa cleaning pin parang tumalsik sya tas nawala na (sobrang liit e di ko na makita) is there any way out of this without purchasing the whole .1 pen?? meron bang binebentang cleaning pin lang?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can buy a replacement point section. That would include the point, feedtube, cleaning pin and retaining cap.

Back in my days in college, only the brand Steadler and Rotring had available replacement point sections. Not sure about now.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    thanks sir GH! will try too look for point section replacement tomorrow. mga magkano kaya ang ganyan? masyado kasing naging makalikot

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    marami sa National bookstore... Rotring at Staedler and most common.

Pag naglilinis ng 0.1 ingat talaga at di na tinutuwid pag nababaluktot dahil mangyayari nga yung nangyari sa iyo. hinay-hinay sa pagsuksok pag 0.1 at 0.2

pagdating sa .1, ingat ka.. wag mo gagamitin sa less than subs. 24 paper--lulmulusot sa papel yan, at sa paglilinis, 5x ka magingat... madaling maputol yan...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hangang ngayon ba gumagamit pa ng tech pens? kala ko in this age of computers e nasa data CD na ang pinapa-submit na technical drawings? di pa ba napalitan ng autocad yung drawing subjects sa eng'g at archi?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ganyan pa rin ba ang design ng tech pens dito? makabasa nga kung ano ang bago.

Decades ago the Rotring Rapidograph is a better designed tech pen that gave no such hassle. maybe it's about your diligent maintenance of your pens. iirc don't park your pens loaded, esp. .1 - .4. always clean then store.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    hangang ngayon ba gumagamit pa ng tech pens? kala ko in this age of computers e nasa data CD na ang pinapa-submit na technical drawings? di pa ba napalitan ng autocad yung drawing subjects sa eng'g at archi?
    There is no harm in knowing the basic tools in engineering. In fact I would prefer if engineering students would have the basics including drafting before going into more advanced tools.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i have to add that reinserting the pin esp. for 0.1, 0.15 is a tactile affair. go to a happy and quiet place in your mind. roll the pin to check if it is straight and centered before reinsertion. feel for the tiniest bit of resistance cos this means the pin is not going through the hole of the point.

regarding cleaning, warm water, blowing, sucking are some helpful techniques learn and teach this to the ladies. not so much with sucking cos IDK about the toxicity of the ink and not so cool with the black lips, unless for the goths. here's the kicker, iirc use a drop of baby oil with the ink. i forgot why. sigh, too many jokes

thanks btw. i'll revisit my set and do some maintenance.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    There is no harm in knowing the basic tools in engineering. In fact I would prefer if engineering students would have the basics including drafting before going into more advanced tools.
    agree pero di ba the basics are learned using Mongol #2 pencil. tech pens come in only pag dating na sa mga projects where you submit tech drawings. and in actual practice plans are drawn using pencil only so that it is easy to revise, then pinapa-blue print na lang.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
technical pens