New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    deedee, nice artwork man!

I also have a tattoo on my right chest (red tribal dragon), left shoulder (tribal I dunno) and right shoulder (tibal lion). After seeing your designs, parang bumalik yung urge ko na mag add ng tattoo (that is kung papayag si misis, hehehe)

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    *glenster..
    looking at the artwork..there isnt much of solid lines so that will cut down alot on the outline time.with designs that big..the average rate would be 100 dollars/HR unless you go to big name artist like cat von D(someone mentioned her here earlier)i beleive she charge like 600/HR.
    without actually seeing the whole tat design..im guessing itll be around 10-15 hours.some artist can do it under 10 hours but its hard to find artist that are fast and very good at the same time.
    if you like leo zulueta's work and you live in toronto...you might want to take a drive to anne arbor michicagn(alot closer than driving to chicago).hes got a shop there and its sure will be a well worth trip especially with the aize of tat you wanna get.

just for reference..the picture under is just all outline and its taken me roughly 15 hours already(and im still not done.the middle part is still missing)im looking to put another 5 or so hours to finish the outline and maybe another 15 or so hours for the shading and highlights.(theres like some cracks on the design to make the piece look like a marble stone.the whole concept for the back piece is to create a japanesse mask from a far and see alot of details when its close up.the eye area will have 1 big ball that ressembles the eye from a far and when close..itll have the reflection of the guys 2 daughters pictures.

*red07..
    thnxz man

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    deedee..you are awsome..big help..big inspiration..big tips.

thanks a bunch. i will keep you posted when i have mine!

ps: the asian tat artist who most likely will do my tat told me na he wont charge me by the hour....

lalo ako natakot.herherh..iakw? how much would you charge this kind of tat? around 500?
    Last edited by GlennSter; July 30th, 2007 at 11:25 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    deedee, if ever you're going to be in the miami area, send me a pm!!! i would really like you to give me my first tattoo, that is if i still don't have one by the time you get to visit miami...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    *glenster...
    for a rough estimate...i can probably go somewhere around 6-800 bucks but itll be my own schedulingdone in our shop on my day off.

*dazedchic...
    the shop i work for is actually thingking about renting a boot for the miami tattoo convention around october-november.not 100% sure if were going since the convention is still floating and the spot isnt verified yet but ill give you a buzz if we decided to get a boot there(or even if the convention goes thru)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    deedee...i think mine went out well...

but it was EFFING PAINFUL.especially near the armpits, my triceps and the collarbone! needles on my collarbone!!!boooyah!

took 2 artists....5 hours to do it.harharharhar. they were reallllyyy good.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    looks real clean,man
    is it also going all the way of the top half of your back?if it is..then thats a very clean and fast work.if its just your whole shoulder...then i can see why it only took 5 hours.eitherway...it looks real sweet.i would think about adding the chest too(in the future)
    as far as the collar bone...i know exactly what you mean.it feels like the needle is just ramming trhu your bone and your whole body just vibrates..lolthe you have the under armpit ehich feels like a hot knife is just cutting you but if i was in your position...i wouldve never had it done any other way.looks killer!!!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks deedee!

you're right about the needle on the collarbone...i could feel it run through my skull too...seriously.

it runs through the whole of my left shoulder to the base of my left part of the neck. it didnt go through the top half of my back.

I was thinking about the chest area...but that area is so sensitive too. i was thinking of "exposing" my "heart" OR at the back exposing my "spine" made out of steel...then on the right shoulders...

this is addicting, indeed.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    :nerves: parang ang sakit kapag magpalagay ng tattoo.
    when i was in college gusto ko magpalagay..pero have fear sa mga needles. hehe...
    so what i did eh..puro sticker/henna tattoo lang. haha... my fave roses and dolphins.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sir glenn!!! ganda! inggit ako!! i wanna get a smallone under my ear sa neck area!

your tat looks real clean!! nice!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Tattoo's. what about it?