1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AERONOX

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Neither do I. I just find it, not worth it. I`d rather spend my money on a battery powered flashlight so whenever I'll need it. It will be always ready.
    what if your in a place where you cant buy any batteries? what then? most solar flashlights have internal batteries diba.. solar is used to charge it.. with the advent of LEDs. which can be powered by 5volts charging the battery using solar power during the day is very effiecient..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kulotz View Post
    hmm pwede kaya i-consider ang usb vacumcleaner as stupid invention?

me nakasubok na ba nun? hehe kung malakas post niyo dito hehe
    lemme guess, CD-R KING?? LOL, meron kami nito dati kaso nawala na..ang kulit kaya, masabi lang na usb vacuum eh halos hindi nga nakakasipsip, sa mga tiny particles lang talaga like little pieces of plastic..ni kahit alikabok hindi kayang maalis.. anyway, i dunno if this is really a stupid invention or not

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by xoom View Post
    bro kaya nga solar e, alangan naman ibilad yun sa buwan, lunar powered na yun peace fafa renzo
    wahahhaha...natawa ko doon ah..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I'm not the one who would readily put down any Pinoy invention but this is just ridiculous. The inventor's answers are even more embarrassing.

Flaws:
    2 speeds only
    At least twice as heavy as a 21-speed Shimano over-the-counter derailleur
    Unused extra chain adds drag
    He's selling the 'technology' for USD 7,000 !!! (I wouldn't get it even if it were free)

YouTube - UNIQUE BIKE-GEAR SYSTEM
    I'll grade the guy a C for practicality and a D for greediness. But, I'll still give him an A for effort. At least he's trying. Sooner or later, he'll get something right.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 5th, 2009 at 03:07 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I'll grade the guy a C for practicality and a D for greediness. But, I'll still give him an A for effort. At least he's trying. Sooner or later, he'll get something right.
    Maybe so. But he must first learn to tell whether his invention is an improvement or failure. The way he thinks makes me wonder if he'll ever make a breakthrough anytime soon. Nothing wrong with reinventing something, but if it'll be 10x more impractical and less efficient, I wouldn't call it an improvement at all... much less an invention.

You guys should visit his Youtube page and look at his "super-efficient engine" that "saves 50% on fuel"... how he was able to come up with those figures without a working prototype nor technical data to back it up is beyond me. And if he did got as far as making a prototype, I would think that the engine would soon disintegrate due to excessive vibration. He could hardly keep the mock-up cardboard and styrofoam engine from falling off the workbench while it was running at a measly 1,000 RPM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    OJ88,
    By the time you finish your invention, you will be called a STUPID. By then you will understand how stupid inventors are. i mean UR... Haha..

I'm not the one who would readily put down any Pinoy invention but this is just ridiculous. The inventor's answers are even more embarrassing.

Flaws:
    2 speeds only
    At least twice as heavy as a 21-speed Shimano over-the-counter derailleur
    Unused extra chain adds drag
    He's selling the 'technology' for USD 7,000 !!! (I wouldn't get it even if it were free)

YouTube - UNIQUE BIKE-GEAR SYSTEM

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually... the problem with a solar-powered flashlight... what happens if you run out of juice at night? Or if you're in a typhoon, where sunlight is too weak to really give you a good charge?

The kinetic energy shaker light is better, but too inefficient... since it can't store energy and requires constant motion to stay alight.

I was going to say, why can't someone invent a wind-up flashlight, like the guy who invented the new wind-up radio... but then I saw that the same guy already did...

http://windupradio.com/FPjonta.htm

Freeplay Windup Jonta 1-Watt Super Bright LED Flashlight

The Freeplay Jonta Flashlight is the ultimate human powered flashlight, packed with digital features and delivering excellent beam quality, brightness and shine time performance. Built on trusted and failsafe Freeplay self-charge technology, the Freeplay Jonta incorporates state-of-the-art Luxeon 1 Watt Star LED illumination and intelligent circuitry – all without the need for replaceable batteries. Designed for absolute reliability, the self-charge system offers maximum dependability for those times when you can’t afford to be left in the dark by dead batteries. A quick wind of about 60 seconds gives approximately 10 minutes of light in energy saving mode – and you can wind again at any time for as much shine-time as you want. A charge level indicator tells you the optimal winding speed.

When fully charged, the lantern provides up to 12 hours of continuous ultra bright light. This recharge system provides an optimum charge to the batteries, ensuring superior battery performance. Microprocessor driven charge circuitry fully charges the Jonta in 6 hours. A choice of 3 light settings offers flexibility for everyday use, and emergency situations. An energy saving mode allows you to use the flashlight for extended periods at a reduced brightness, select maximum power where the ultra-bright beam is required or the flashing beacon for distress signaling. The beam is useful for illuminating surfaces up to 50 m away, and has a signal visibility over 3 km. The digital control circuit offers many other useful features including battery level indication, mode indication and a low battery warning that lets you know when to crank further to avoid being left in the dark.
    Expensive, at $48... but much more practical than those novelty items, more reliable and not really that much more than a regular rechargeable light.

-

Now that's inventive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Maybe so. But he must first learn to tell whether his invention is an improvement or failure. The way he thinks makes me wonder if he'll ever make a breakthrough anytime soon. Nothing wrong with reinventing something, but if it'll be 10x more impractical and less efficient, I wouldn't call it an improvement at all... much less an invention.

You guys should visit his Youtube page and look at his "super-efficient engine" that "saves 50% on fuel"... how he was able to come up with those figures without a working prototype nor technical data to back it up is beyond me. And if he did got as far as making a prototype, I would think that the engine would soon disintegrate due to excessive vibration. He could hardly keep the mock-up cardboard and styrofoam engine from falling off the workbench while it was running at a measly 1,000 RPM.
    It may take a whole lifetime before he gets something right. But, the fact that he's attempting to invent something gives him valuable hands on experience. On the other hand, he really should keep quiet until he has something worth showing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Stupid inventions... put 'em here