New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anybody here got creative and tried on spraying bed liner paints on the roof of your house? The past rainy days I had some drips on the roof of my house which are difficult to pinpoint since I have a layer of insulation under the GI roof. I was thinking of painting elastomeric paint but I want something that will surely plug the hole and rougher so it can break down the rain for it to reduce the noise as well.

Not sure though if it is a bright idea or if it will fail in the long run.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Anybody here got creative and tried on spraying bed liner paints on the roof of your house? The past rainy days I had some drips on the roof of my house which are difficult to pinpoint since I have a layer of insulation under the GI roof. I was thinking of painting elastomeric paint but I want something that will surely plug the hole and rougher so it can break down the rain for it to reduce the noise as well.

Not sure though if it is a bright idea or if it will fail in the long run.

tried it on the roof of a dodge caravan when it was showing rust. prepared by applying rust converter to the entire on the whole roof then applied primer and then the brushed on bed liner on the roof. it's been eight years and the rust haven't progressed and no leak so far

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sounds like a good idea. Only problem is the cost of the bedliner. But it should work.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. Only problem is the cost of the bedliner. But it should work.
    Any idea of the cost of spraying a bed liner for one regular sized pickup?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not use proper roof sealer?

We use RJ LONDON ROOF SEALER and it worked 1000% better than Vulca-seal or any other elastomeric roof sealer.

For small holes or gaps, just paint it over with RJ LONDON ROOF SEALER.

For larger gaps, use a piece of cloth to help bridge the gap and paint it over to make it water proof.

BTW, it comes in colors so you can color match it with existing roof color.

We even used it for our delivery truck's cargo area when it leaked. It lasted around five or six years. We just re-applied the sealer and the leak was gone.

Available at WILCON and at other similar stores.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How much for that 4kg tub?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    dark ang kulay ng bedliner, di kaya mas lalo lang uminit ang bubong then mag rediate sa kisame? sa summer maging mas mainit sa loob ng haws.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    dark ang kulay ng bedliner, di kaya mas lalo lang uminit ang bubong then mag rediate sa kisame? sa summer maging mas mainit sa loob ng haws.
    Good point though. But since may insulation na yun bubong, baka minor lang ang effect.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Why not use proper roof sealer?

We use RJ LONDON ROOF SEALER and it worked 1000% better than Vulca-seal or any other elastomeric roof sealer.

For small holes or gaps, just paint it over with RJ LONDON ROOF SEALER.

For larger gaps, use a piece of cloth to help bridge the gap and paint it over to make it water proof.

BTW, it comes in colors so you can color match it with existing roof color.

We even used it for our delivery truck's cargo area when it leaked. It lasted around five or six years. We just re-applied the sealer and the leak was gone.

Available at WILCON and at other similar stores.
    This cost around 1,200 PHP per can. I wonder how it does on reducing the noise of the roof.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    This cost around 1,200 PHP per can. I wonder how it does on reducing the noise of the roof.
    That is beyond the product's design function... it's designed to seal gaps and make surfaces water proof..

Globe International Distribution Center, Inc.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 22nd, 2013 at 07:07 PM.