New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    hay... these urban squatters should have never gone to Manila in the first place.

in the provinces... they maybe poor (relative to those living here) but at least you get to eat decently and have a roof over your head.

you can even up the ante by only allowing those that file ITRs to vote.
    they are poor with a little something above their heads but cant afford to buy food becoz they dont have any work

in metro manila, they live in slums but with work and able to feed their families.....

that is why they go to manila in the first place.....

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    dapat sa mga squatters i relocate sa spratlys para mabantayn maigi. total yung iba sa kanila war freak, pag may nakitang foriegn vessels gamitan nila ng sumpak. may naitulong pa sila sa bansa.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by phat_tricks
    dapat sa mga squatters i relocate sa spratlys para mabantayn maigi. total yung iba sa kanila war freak, pag may nakitang foriegn vessels gamitan nila ng sumpak. may naitulong pa sila sa bansa.
    pag yan mga yan ang nakatapat ng Chinese army, sigurado hindi na tayo dehado

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Grabe ang pinoy... we ape the political correct BS of the americans. Informal dwellers, they;re just plain criminals aka squatters.

The solution to this is more jobs in the country side. No human being would tolerate to live in such squallor if they had a better alternative. Problema na lang Imperial Manila will not yield to such a plan. The politicians will not have the hakot to vote them to office.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    What would be ideal is to supply these people some means to work, ie maybe build some multi-unit residential housing, use them as labor, let them live there as long as they work towards the construction of the building. After that, develop the surrounding area for some form of farming industry to support the community. Maybe stores, markets or any other means to make money and support their community. Unfortunately, someone has to buy the land for them to start the project, as well as buy the supplies to build the homes and supply the initial resources to maintain the community. But then again, that is under the assumption that people are willing to work hard for the betterment of their children, and put an honest days work to shelter their families and to be selfless and work for the "greater" good. I'm not saying that among these people, none are willing to work but unfortunately, the people that are willing to do what is necessary and what is right and within the bounds of the law are far and few. It all comes down to whether or not filipino people can function without corruption.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    build a huge paintball park around the squatter area and make them part of the entertainment

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    making metro manila more hospitable for the squatters will only result in more congestion. they should all go back to their provinces and be provided descent work there. living in the province is cheaper than in the cities.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    build a huge paintball park around the squatter area and make them part of the entertainment

Is that you Rome?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio
    2. Ban walking behind the hearse on its way to the cemetery for burial
    OT: Naguusap kami ng bagong roommate ko sa dorm kung ano mas sibilisado, sa kanila o sa amin.

Me: "Sa Calamba ba, may mabagal na martsa parin sa likod ng karo ng patay na nagpapatrapik?"
    Roommate: "Wala naman!"
    Me: "I therefore conclude mas sibilisado kami sa inyo. $#%# patay ka na, wala nang may pakialam. Basta trapik at late kami $#^$&*#^!!!!!"

My grandfather requested that we do NOT pass through the main road when we take him to his funeral. He hated these things, and he didn't want to be part of them. His wish was granted four years ago.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Finding a way how to get rid of these squatters is akin to these trapo still clinging in power that doesn't impart any good image to the populace (hirap din bigyan ng solusyon). btw, I'm living in my own humble province and live with a choice not to squat in Manila.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Solutions to Squatting (Informal Dwellers)