New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    mukhang the mama snake is nearby. thats less than a few months old. how did you catch it though? which city are you from?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Scary black snake. I guess just keep it there in the bottle til it dies? I heard swerte nga daw. But what's scary is there's a mother snake and other baby snakes in your area.
    Yan din ang naisip ko most likely baby pa lang yung snake so may mga kamag-anak pa around the area.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    loosen it.
    pakawalan nyo po.
    i gather, your neighborhood is still "jungle-enough" ?
    Unfortunately, my mom saw it and tossed it over a pile of burning thrash. Died a gruesome death. Originally, I was planning to release it in one of the grassy areas around our subdivision. Kaso paggising ko, inasikaso na pala ng mom ko.

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    mukhang the mama snake is nearby. thats less than a few months old. how did you catch it though? which city are you from?
    Baka nga just a few days old lang. I saw it slithering in our kitchen sink. Most likely it found its way through the kitchen drain. Mabagal pa kumilos kaya hinayaan ko lang gumapang papasok sa plastic jar. I was thinking of the same thing, the larger mama snake is likely nearby. Our house is in Nasugbu, Batangas but we've had very few sightings of snakes lately. The last time we saw a snake in our property was many years ago.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I just killed a snake in our garden! I don't know if it's a baby snake or it's really that small (about 12 inches long)

I saw it when I moved the gigantic pot of plant which was on top of bricks/stones. When I lifted the stones I saw several worms and then something black, I thought it was also a worm but it's black and silver so pinukpok ko the half of the body (head was concealed) then when it stopped moving, pinukpok ko naman ng hollowblock the head part.

I hope there aren't any more. I told my Mom to stop having so much statues or vases etc sa garden kasi baka taguan ng snake but she insists we don't have snakes here. I am also surprised since we are in the middle of the city and there are no vacant lots in our area naman pero yung mga backyard ang ma gubat.

Last edited by _Cathy_; November 16th, 2023 at 06:58 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I just killed a snake in our garden! I don't know if it's a baby snake or it's really that small (about 12 inches long)

I saw it when I moved the gigantic pot of plant which was on top of bricks/stones. When I lifted the stones I saw several worms and then something black, I thought it was also a worm but it's black and silver so pinukpok ko the half of the body (head was concealed) then when it stopped moving, pinukpok ko naman ng hollowblock the head part.

I hope there aren't any more. I told my Mom to stop having so much statues or vases etc sa garden kasi baka taguan ng snake but she insists we don't have snakes here. I am also surprised since we are in the middle of the city and there are no vacant lots in our area naman pero yung mga backyard ang ma gubat.

wow, one very brave woman out there!
    medyo delikado ginawa mo cathy especially sa katawan ang unang pukpok mo.
    usually sa ulo ang pukpok pag ahas ang usapan.

buti naman hindi ka nasiraan ng loob nung nakita mo ang ahas. ako kasi takot ako sa ahas kahit ganyan lang kalaki hahaha

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    ^

wow, very brave nga si Cathy. most women (even men)will freak out kapag nakakita ng ahas kahit pa garden snake.

in my gamefowl farm which is nasa foothills ng boondocks, we have sawa visitors especially during rainy season. talking about singlaki ng hita, though hindi venomous but the sheer size, nakakatakot nga. we had in few occasions other snake like the phil. cobra, but that bad boy i honestly don't want to mess with. leave it to the expertsSnake in our house

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    astig ni cathy! you da woman!

pero meron din talaga naliligaw sa siyudad. pati sa amin meron kaya bumili na ako ng grass cutter kasi ayoko na mag squat habang gupit ng grass w/ grass shears....mahirap na baka matuka pa.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Non-venomous snake naman yan, rounded head eh. Most probably a kind of rat snake or wolf snake.

Common Wolf Snake (Snakes of the Philippines)
    * iNaturalist

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Snake in our house