New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I have to login to my app before I get to do any transactions. Even without my sim, I can log in to my app. Conversely, even if crooks have my sim, but not my login details, they can't access my account. This is with BPI.

For BDO, aside from needing login details, they will also send you an OTP in order to log in. But if you only have an OTP but no login details, you still cant log in.
    For this type of scam, they have both (the internet banking log-on credentials; and, your number). Kaya nga nauso yang scam na yan.. Kasi before wala yung tinatawag na 2-Factor Authentication. They only need the internet banking credentials.

Ginawa ng mga bangko, nagimplement nga ng 2-Factor Authentication (the 2nd factor is yung ngang OTP or one-time password na pinapadala sa mobile number]. Ginawa naman ng mga *******ng yan eh i-hack na din pati sim card mo (after mahack yung logon credentials mo).

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Assuming they are able to login to your bank account, what can they do? Transfer to 3rd party is not allowed. If they pay bills using your account, there's a trail to which account you paid it to.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Dati may tawag ng tawag sakin at text ng text. Ang hinahanap niya is babae na anak niya daw. Mga ilang days din yun, then nung nagtry akong tawagan yung sarile kong number nagring at may sumagot nga na babae.

Ang sabi niya Sun post-paid yung sa kanya at mag 1 week palang daw yung akin naman prepaid sun since college ko pa gamit tumawag ako sa Sun at wala naman daw akong ka same na number. Ginawa ko nakipag-coordinate ako doon sa ka-same number ko at sabi ko sa kanya pumunta siya sa Sun Centre at sabihin na may kaparehas siyang number at papalitan niya yung sa kanya. Nung una ayaw nila, sinabi ko nalang na lage libre ako nakakatawag kahit wala akong load baka sa kanya ma-charge. Ayun natakot ata, ngayon wala na kapag nag dial ako ng number ko.

Lahat pa naman ng online banking credentials ko naka link sa number ko ito. Yunh sa BDO may OTP pero sa PSBANK APP wala log in information lang, sa Metrobank may six digit na number ka lang na input log in na, pero may pre set up kanh gagawin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Assuming they are able to login to your bank account, what can they do? Transfer to 3rd party is not allowed. If they pay bills using your account, there's a trail to which account you paid it to.
    Not all banks. There are banks that allow fund transfer to third party account (within the same bank).. and, there are even some that allow bank to bank transfer.

Yung pay bills (e.g., credit card).. then request for cash advance.. ginawa na yan dati, pero di naging effective. Di effective (sa mga loko) dahil bago pa pumasok sa credit card (usually after 3 days pa mapost), na discover na ng victim at, of course, request sya agad ng reversal.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    BPI allows fund transfer to anyone with a BPI account. Dangerous, yes, but hella convenient.

I bought my rims and tires on a whim, and wala akong dalang pera that time. Kaysa magwithdraw with different accounts (kasi 20k lang ang daily limit ko per card), nagbank transfer nalang ako sa account nung store.

When I buy stuff online din, bank transfer nalang kaysa magdedeposit pa sa banko.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    BPI allows fund transfer to anyone with a BPI account. Dangerous, yes, but hella convenient.

I bought my rims and tires on a whim, and wala akong dalang pera that time. Kaysa magwithdraw with different accounts (kasi 20k lang ang daily limit ko per card), nagbank transfer nalang ako sa account nung store.

When I buy stuff online din, bank transfer nalang kaysa magdedeposit pa sa banko.
    I thought you need to enrol an account first to transfer?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Nope. You can opt to enable Transfer to Anyone. only works with BPI, BDO doesn't have that functionality. Dunno with other banks.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    That is another option. I enrolled accounts of vendors i frequent online. So there is no hassle of typing the wrong account. For transfer yo anyone, its very useful it enables loading of any globe sims( there is also an option to enroll a number) buy in a boutique if you dont have cash for 10k up. There are also establishments that have transactions for cc are down but can accept bank transfers.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's for 3rd party account. Yun mga regular account na nag online transfer ka. I.e. Parents, siblings, wife, children. Para hinde ka na kailangan mag input ng account number pipiliin mo na lang sa drop down menu

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Geez. I never knew you can transfer to anyone with a BPI account. I don't see that function. My friends have BPI accounts too, we'd meet each other or deposit OTC para magbayaran ng utang less than P5k

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
SIM Swap Scam