http://www.allaboutvision.com/contac...drogel.htm#you
    http://www.siliconehydrogels.org/

By Liz Segre;
    reviewed by Dr. Joseph T. Barr

On this page:

* 30-day continuous wear
    * 6-night wear, daily wear
    * Are silicone hydrogels for you?

A new generation of "super-permeable" contact lenses can transmit unprecedented amounts of oxygen to your cornea and, in some cases, enable 30 consecutive days of wear without removal.

Silicone hydrogel contact lenses represent a breakthrough over traditional hydrogel soft contact lenses, because silicone lets so much oxygen (essential for a healthy cornea) pass through the lens. "We're talking about lenses that breathe six to seven times more oxygen than previous lenses," says P. Douglas Becherer, O.D., former chairman of the American Optometric Association's Contact Lens and Cornea Section.

Silicone hydrogel contact lenses have caught on with both wearers and eye care practitioners. By 2009, silicone hydrogel lenses are expected to account for more than two-thirds of U.S. soft contact lens sales (in dollars), according to equity research firm Robert W. Baird & Co."

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    meron ba nyan B or C cups? Pra sa mga naliliitan sa mga mata nila...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mukhang ok to when kaya ito offered to public for general usage?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    mukhang ok to when kaya ito offered to public for general usage?
    well, since 1999 pa daw sa US. not sure pa dito sa atin, haven't had a chance to ask any eye doctor.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    Meron na ba sa Pilipinas ito?

"Silicone Hydrogel Contact Lenses

http://www.allaboutvision.com/contac...drogel.htm#you
    http://www.siliconehydrogels.org/

By Liz Segre;
    reviewed by Dr. Joseph T. Barr

On this page:

* 30-day continuous wear
    * 6-night wear, daily wear
    * Are silicone hydrogels for you?

A new generation of "super-permeable" contact lenses can transmit unprecedented amounts of oxygen to your cornea and, in some cases, enable 30 consecutive days of wear without removal.

Silicone hydrogel contact lenses represent a breakthrough over traditional hydrogel soft contact lenses, because silicone lets so much oxygen (essential for a healthy cornea) pass through the lens. "We're talking about lenses that breathe six to seven times more oxygen than previous lenses," says P. Douglas Becherer, O.D., former chairman of the American Optometric Association's Contact Lens and Cornea Section.

Silicone hydrogel contact lenses have caught on with both wearers and eye care practitioners. By 2009, silicone hydrogel lenses are expected to account for more than two-thirds of U.S. soft contact lens sales (in dollars), according to equity research firm Robert W. Baird & Co."
    I think hindi naman hygenic na hindi tinatanggal ang contacts kahit na pwede siyang pang matagalan. I'm using Focus contacts and ang pinakamatagal na hindi ko siya natanggal was 3 days.Nakasuot pa un kahit na naliligo ako..Ok lang sana kaso isip ko baka mabulag naman ako..Ok din na ipahinga ang mata from contacts for some time.. hirap talaga malabo mata..haay..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    lasik is the best solution no more contacts no more glasses 2years na akin no regrets. i tested at 20/15 vision but got the chance to try it at 20/10 kaya pa

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    but i read somewhere there's a certain 'grade' wherein LASIK is advisable and thereby maximize its benefit. anyway, yep LASIK is the best, expensive (50-60K yata) but definitely worth it, that's once you get over the perceived risk.

ano po vision nyo before you underwent LASIK?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    but i read somewhere there's a certain 'grade' wherein LASIK is advisable and thereby maximize its benefit. anyway, yep LASIK is the best, expensive (50-60K yata) but definitely worth it, that's once you get over the perceived risk.

ano po vision nyo before you underwent LASIK?
    wala namang certain grade, the fellow beside me before had only 120 grade for her glasses, 65k dati dont know how much na ngayun. American Eye Center will check your eye condition first if you're ok for Lasik, accrdg to them 99% success rate ng lasik operation and a chance you might have better than 20/20 vision as what happened in my case

my glasses were around 500 grade na before

Silicone Hydrogel Contact Lenses