New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sorry if I bordered on the harsh side. Being at the losing side of a family elitist tug of war left its mark on me. I promised never ever to treat my daughter the way my own Mom and her friends treated me when I was over there. But, it's still a sore issue with me to this day.

The thought that public elementary and high schools here are more elitist than private elementary and high schools in the Philippines was enough to trigger a fit from me. I just can't see how it could be based from my experiences.

Again, sorry. I do get carried away sometimes......

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    my son and daughter(HS and GS) sa La Salle Araneta, now managed by La Salle Taft.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    elizabeth seton, bf resort, las pinas.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    kinder = Colegio San Agustin

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Maganda daw sa Neverland....si Michael Jackson ang may ari.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ang unico hijo ko ay sa BRENTWOOD pumapasok a couple of blocks from our house, kinder 2 sya dun. next school year gusto nya sa DE LA SALLE (alma mater namin ng bros. ko).

BTW... he's taking KUMON too.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    mga tsikoters..... tanong lang at advice narin.

at present sa middle east kaming family...... sa Philippine School siya napasok. tanong ko lang kung sakaling umuwi kami sa pinas..... tumatanggap ba ng tranfer ang la salle o ang ateneo...? Oo nga pala grade 4 lang ang anak kong babae.... sa kailangan sa high school ko na siya ilipat doon...?

maraming salamat.!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    *peklat: which Philippine School sa Middle East?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Ang mamahal tuition fee sa Lasalle, Ateneo, and the likes. Di naman ako si Manny na mapapag-aral ang anak sa Brent

Saan ba yong mas mura naman konti ang tuition, and at the same time comparable ang teaching here in Metro Manila? That's for pre-school, elementary, and highschool.

I've heard of U.P. Laboratory(?), Philippine/Manila/Mandaluyong Science High School, and some other public(or semi-public? not sure) schools that are good. But how do you get your children to enter these schools, especially UP? Any pre-requisites/preparations(in terms of getting them in the right track), exams to pass? Tips naman po, before my kids start schooling in a couple of years or so

I have nothing against the 'Mababang/Mataas na Paaralan ng ....' in my area, but really, with the number of enrollees they have, i really doubt the kids truly get the attention each one deserves.
    Last edited by swordsman; July 23rd, 2007 at 11:07 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    may pre-school / grade school ang UP sa manila ahh.. kaya lang you have to be of certain salary bracket to get in.. pag masyadong mataas salary mo.. di ka tatanggapin..

for private schools.. with pre-school / elementary / high school.. try mo sa Don Bosco.. may for girls na rin sila sa may Sta. mesa (near Lourdes Hospital).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
School:  Where do your kids study?