New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe, namimili ba ang dyos kung anong bansa isa-save? Pano mga kurap hehe maiisolate sa isang island bago isalba ang pinas? Labo...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks1204
    totoo yung sinasabi nila, prayers might change His mind...
    Change his mind about what? I don't believe that God makes these tragedies. They just happen. Please don't always think that God is always out to punish us.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    well, there's reason for Him to punish us, sumosobra na ang tao. with all the ammorality/immorality in the world. well, ako naniniwala that through prayers any disaster canl be prevented. Only God can do that. God is compassionate and He listens to His children. Kaya nga lahat naman ng religion yun ang panawagan eh. to pray. Many of you might see that as being naive pero i think not. just my two cents.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ts1n1ta
    well, there's reason for Him to punish us, sumosobra na ang tao. with all the ammorality/immorality in the world. well, ako naniniwala that through prayers any disaster canl be prevented. Only God can do that. God is compassionate and He listens to His children. Kaya nga lahat naman ng religion yun ang panawagan eh. to pray. Many of you might see that as being naive pero i think not. just my two cents.
    problem is that they pray for these things to pass... then they go back to their old lives afterwards...

IMO, that's not punishment since God already gave us free will to do whatever we want. for Christians, the REAL punishment awaits after death (in which case the "punishment" here on earth would be considered peanuts... lake of sulfur anyone?)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Never take religion to heart too much cuz it will drive you mad. If you question seriously every bad thing that happens and whether God has something too do with it, you might as well be an aetheist. Always look at the brightside of things and believe in him.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    TAKE RELIGION BY HEART! BUT YOU MUST UNDERSTAND IT! because if you really do understand it, you'll see that God never punished man. Man do bad things, so in effect bad things happen to them.

re: adam and eve... they were not really punished. the story never happened at all. read between the lines. puro symbolism lang yan. take into consider historical context.

sometimes the devil transforms into another image to scare or to fool mankind.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    here the thing... 2005 will be weird... Jesus Christ is already here, thats why namatay na si Sister Lucia and Pope John Paul II... population ng mundo magiging 1/4 to 1/3...

EARTH WIND WATER FIRE...

water is done, next is fire, then wind, last yun earth... watch and see... ma-saved naman ang philippines eh...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ooppss... to make it more weird... we'll have the first ever BLACK POPE... after John Paul II... Black as in negro, nigga, afro, african-american, african-european... hindi masamang pope...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Remember the 80's? This 3 days of darkness crap. Everybody got scared. I was laughing hard since almost in our neighborhood is "prepared". There was a chain letter (a real mail then) going around on what to do when THE 3 days of darkness comes. Lies.Lies.Lies.

Fast forward 2005. We live in email and text. And it's so easy and faster to scare the crap out of people. Chain letters are now email letters ( if you don't pass this to 10 person you'll die variety), we have the internet as a medium of information and YET, people became MORE GULLIBLE to what they read in email and text.

And on the FUN side. Check this link. Don't take is seriously ok?

http://ned.ucam.org/~sdh31/misc/destroy.html

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I may have posted too quickly without thinking. I was just thinking out loud that God has every reason to punish us. yun lang po yun. hehehe

Iba iba shempre ang prayers. Man's instinct is to pray for these things to pass. Shempre takot. Wether or not they return to their old lives is none of our business. That's between them and God. But prayers are prayers and it still counts.

Of course He's not a punishing God. He is JUST. But He is also GOD. And what i meant of "punishment" when i posted is to have the world end which in some case for others is punishment in itself. But if we have nothing to worry about then having the end of the world is nothing but a way for us to be in the REAL LIFE we're meant to live; to be in the REAL kingdom where we're meant to be. It's subjective depending kung anong interpretation para saten. But i get the point, the word "punish" might not be the correct word to use here. oops mah bad. Moving on, true that God never punishes men directly and having bad things happen to you is by your own doing. I agree to that one. It's just simply a bad choice made from the free will that has been given to us.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Scary