New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    i will try the sunglasses, salamat, gh

i agree, hazard lights during these conditions only causes confusion on the vehicles around you turn on your lights (except for the hazard lights, of course) and turn off your radio (or set it to minimal volume)

Shades as long as it's the polaroid ones. they reduce glare and allow you to see through the water droplets.
    Radio, you can still enjoy it but turn the the volume.
    My best technique when the rain is so hard and my wipers are overwhelmed is simply to find a good building/mall/gas station/starbucks and wait for it to lessen a bit. the ultra hard rain part seldom goes beyond 15 mins anyway.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    pag sinabing sunglasses ibig sabihin shades diba? so okey lang black tinted shades ba?
    Driving sunglasses tend to be lighter tinted and are polarized.

What you are after is the light polarizing effect of the sunglasses and not the color of the tint of the lenses.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It is bad to use hazard lights in low visibility conditions. Just turn on your headlights and/or fog lights.

Using hazards will confuse other drivers that you might be turning, etc because cars behind you will only see either or left or right side indicators.
    I don't know if this applies here in the philippines but in other countries most specially with winter weather or sand storm prone, the use of hazzard lights is a must...If the front visibility becomes zero in an event of a sand storm, heavy rains and snow, a hazard light serve as guide for the cars behind since nobody will dare to overtake nor drive more 30kph in a zero visibility road. It's like doing a follow the leader scenario but if the front car tends to do a quick right / left or a u turn, the driver must release the hazard light and use the normal right / left signal light.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I just arrived home ...

I conquered the heavy downpour by appox. 15~20 minutes ...

I tried the sunglasses method, and I think it worked for me ... :thumbup:

Of course my wipers was in level 3 already ...

Last " level " before the fastest one ...

BTW, the shades that I used were aviators ., similar to the picture below.

;)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    tip...

pag heavy rain na at nasa gitna ng kalsada. pakiramdaman ang sarili kung kaya mo o hindi. pag hindi, gumilid ka nalang at maghintay ng paghina ng ulan. kung tingin mo kaya, wag magpatakbo nang mabilis. buksan ang lahat ng ilaw. as for the hazards, its up to you. you can use it or not. pero ang importante, turn your lights on.

pero ang pinaka-safe. wag na umalis ng bahay pag hindi kelangan. been there, done that, ayoko na...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    tip...

pag heavy rain na at nasa gitna ng kalsada. pakiramdaman ang sarili kung kaya mo o hindi. pag hindi, gumilid ka nalang at maghintay ng paghina ng ulan. kung tingin mo kaya, wag magpatakbo nang mabilis. buksan ang lahat ng ilaw. as for the hazards, its up to you. you can use it or not. pero ang importante, turn your lights on.

pero ang pinaka-safe. wag na umalis ng bahay pag hindi kelangan. been there, done that, ayoko na...
    Agree in all points...but if we are caught driving in an express way or a freeway with a sudden downfall of heavy rains, most important thing to do is to inform the car behind by using a hazard light so he/she can evaluate your speed and distance since hazard light are more visible than brake light or park light behind the car to avoid collision that will result into accidents, since a sudden downfall of heavy rains will affect the visibility that result into reducing the speed.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    oddly enough, i find driving in the pouring rain very very fun. (pag walang traffic that is)

i just drive like i would pag sunny weather. no special precautions... just remember not to stop suddenly.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    oddly enough, i find driving in the pouring rain very very fun. (pag walang traffic that is)

i just drive like i would pag sunny weather. no special precautions... just remember not to stop suddenly.
    Yes indeed...it's fun to drive while raining as long as you can clearly see the road...no special precaution required...The special precaution mostly applies to a zero visibility while driving...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Safe-driving tips when it is raining!