New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    oil is quite cheap and would get cheaper once oil production in iraq starts... supply is getting bigger than demand... too much alternatives...

they need war para may defense contracts... if walang war maraming companies ang kailangan mag-trim down... defense contractors are very powerful, if hindi bibilin ng government ang contracts, idadaan nila sa black market ang products nila... as if somebody can stop them...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Ramon View Post
    Old grudges die hard. It's sad. But, it is the reality for now. If it wasn't the Middle East, it'd be somewhere else. There's always a flashpoint somewhere.

Those children's drawings bring home the animosity the Koreans have for the Japanese. I certainly hope Philippine schoolkids have no such impulses.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanren View Post
    The timing was not good. Kahit na anung sama naman niya, I think he does not deserve to die that way. Kung nakita nyo sana yung nakuha sa cellphone na video, they kept on taunting him before death.

Naawa ako sa kanya lalo na nung g makita ko yung final moments niya sa gallows. Retribution and not forgiveness is the theme.
    I think the timing is perfect, i heard na ginawa nila a month before the actual execution date kasi may holiday sila whitin the coming weeks which is supposed to be a time of forgivness. So i think tiniming nila dun.
    You're right, he did not deserve to die that way because that was actually a more humane way for such a dictator to die. If you listen to the vicitims families and witnesses to all he has done, he died way to quick. IMO.
    Don't get me wrong, i feel bad for him and all, but Karma is a bitch.
    Saw the vid of the execution online. Am surprised it's even out on the internet.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Now they're looking for the person who leaked the video.

:starwars:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by espeago View Post
    With full honesty I really think Saddam deserved a prison sentence, killing off a cruel wicked man has only made them look the same, pretty much on his level. If death equals death then this world will never see peace, only continuous bloodbaths and the rule of unjust tyrannies. Saddam has just been made 'history', nothing else.

Infact, I would like to see Bush also serve the same punishment for all his 'crimes against humanity'. What an ignorant world we live in. The outcome of this is not Peace and Unity amongst the tribes or nations of Iraq. The US have not finished what they have started, we are yet to see alot more bloodshed, until then people should continue praying for democracy which may never exist.
    Yes..and I think Saddam would have been better off being tried and even convicted in the the War Crime Court in the Hague than in Iraq where even his executioners (and the Iraqi government) are Shiites in order to remove doubts about the fairness of the trial. The killings in Iraq are sectarian in nature (Shiites/Kurds vs Sunnis). Even the imposition of justice is slowly becoming sectarian.

And so the killings continue...thanks to Bush.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Of course the US will benefit. Having bases in that part of the world is a big advantage. But, much of these stems from unfinished business dating back to 1990. Leaving Saddam in power has dogged Bush Sr since Desert Storm ended. Even then, we knew the US will have to deal with Saddam again and years later, it did happen.
    If that's the case... then please stop all the good guy hogwash about the morality of invading Iraq.

I doubt the US wants Iraq's oil for themselves. First of all, the Iraqis as a whole wouldn't stand for it. Second, the US has plenty of oil. If they wanted to solve the US gas shortage, they can solve it by increasing output. Judging by how low prices of gas has gone down (current prices in AZ are the lowest I've seen in a year and a half) it isn't necessary.
    Errr... I think you should do a little more reading before you make a comment like that.

No matter which administration is in power, the ultimate goal is to get US ground troops out of Iraq while perhaps, retaining the bases. Another mistake is staying too long and trying to make sure democracy takes root. Personally, I would've withdrawn all US troops after Saddam's capture and let the Shiites and Kurds take over Iraq as they pleased, even if they would've wreaked their vengeance on the Sunnis. If the Shiites wanted a theocratic state instead of a democracy, then so be it. Some countries are just not meant to have a democratic form of government.
    Sure. After a few hundred thousand Iraqis are dead.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by doriftospeed View Post
    I think the timing is perfect, i heard na ginawa nila a month before the actual execution date kasi may holiday sila whitin the coming weeks which is supposed to be a time of forgivness. So i think tiniming nila dun.
    You're right, he did not deserve to die that way because that was actually a more humane way for such a dictator to die. If you listen to the vicitims families and witnesses to all he has done, he died way to quick. IMO.
    Don't get me wrong, i feel bad for him and all, but Karma is a bitch.
    Saw the vid of the execution online. Am surprised it's even out on the internet.
    Well, maybe that depends on a lot of factors...

I read that a US official made a discrete appeal to stay the execution for at least two weeks for fear that it would backlash against them. Al Malaki immediately signed the death sentence to be carried out for fear of further violence so the execution was carried out 4 days after the rejection of the appeal. The timing might have been right to some (not to do the "killing" on their feast day) but to some, it was carried out way too quickly. I also read that Saddam was not aware of his impending execution. Even the US initially denied having handed over Saddam to the Iraqi government.

Unfortunately, it is sad that death has to come ot him that early. Other victims were not given the chance to seek justice and be heard in court. It is even more sad to see the execution video on the Internet fuelling further anger and resentment which I think would lead to further bloodshed..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    If that's the case... then please stop all the good guy hogwash about the morality of invading Iraq.
    There never was anything "morally good" about invading Iraq, at least from my view. Whatever reasons Bush Jr gave (unfinished business from 1990 wasn't one of them), I didn't believe it. Certainly, many Desert Storm veterans believed it was to address mistakes made by his father years earlier. Personally, I rather hoped the 2003 invasion didn't happen. But, we all knew it was inevitable.

Errr... I think you should do a little more reading before you make a comment like that.
    Well, my views are obviously flawed. What's your take on it?

Sure. After a few hundred thousand Iraqis are dead.
    It seems that way either with Saddam gone or Saddam still in power. What would you suggest the UN and/or the US should've done after almost a decade and a half of the status quo? Same thing day in, day out since 1991....

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Saddam Hussein to be executed on Jan. 27, 2007