New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    i dont get this. why issue this statement? pag nag-gyera, every man for himself na??
    Siguro ibig nyang sabihin sumigaw ng, 'sakloloooooo!!'
    O di kaya, 'darnaaaa'!!

Seriously, I guess he meant hingi tayo tulong sa mga kano.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    siguro naman may jet planes from US na ibibigay sa atin for reconditioning...

Pero we are probably 30 years behind fighter jets and personally it would not matter since Phillipines is not under threat to any of its neighbors.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    wala pa yata helicopter na huey ng WW2.
    correct si ARB!

sa vietnam war sya unang ginamit

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a cool pix...

the first & last Pinoy pilot of the F5 side by side.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    OT: I remember this senator who commented on the crashing of a chinnok on it way to cebu. Sirain naman day pala ang hardware ng kano... yabang! kaya tama nga mga bosing ala ng Force ang Air ng Philippines.

The Air of the Philippines...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Oo nga pala, June 30, 1959 unang delivery sa US military hanggang March 1961.
    Dumating ang unang batch ng Huey sa Vietnam nung 1963. Pinalitan na ngayon ito ng Black Hawk.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap
    Iyan na nga lang nag-iisang jet fighter natin, na-decommissioned pa?
    The reporter gave a misleading title ... When the lone F-5 jet taxied into its hangar, it was to symbolize the end of service of the country's 10 remaining F-5 Freedom Fighter jets.

The statements "... out of the remaining 10 F-5's, five of them are serviceable but all 10 can be used in case of war," and "you do what you have to do." - means that in case of war, 5 jets can be flown in combat while the other 5 will be stripped for spare parts.

Given its meager resources and a loss of only 13 jets in 40 years, I'd say that the men and women of the Air Force had done a fantastic job with the F-5.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yeah, it doesnt matter at all, those F5 jets may as well as be paper airplanes in 2005. hehe.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Its quite embarrassing that the Philippines accepted some old Bronco? planes donated from Thailand. Who knows they could be in the same shape as the F-5 that are being retired.

They should keep some of the better F-5s, restore them properly and display it in a museum (and I dont mean this sarcastically).

Old hand-me-down hardwares wont do much good since it costs more to maintain and repair. For example, the US is slowly decomissioning its fleets of F-14 Tomcats as some are developing problems related to its structural rigidity.

American hardware are not so reliable either, even if it were still new or more recent. Americans have crashed countless of black hawks and some chinooks at Iraq and Afghanistan alone.

OT:
    The Philippines used to be second (in economic terms) only to Japan in Asia, right after the Second World War. And now it is barely surviving competing against rising third world countries like Myanmar, Burma, Bangladesh.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Usually during National Day (Independence Day) ng isang country, merong "fly by" ng Air Force, at sasaludo ang Presidente.

Sa atin, ang "fly-by" natin puro Tora-tora?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
RP's LONE F5 SUPERSONIC JET DECOMMISIONED