New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Sad.

With the general consensus here, for sure, Philippines will be on its knees in less than an hour when war comes.

This also goes to show that ROTC really depends on the school.

I think, there should be a standard procedure for this. Much better if training is not in schools but rather in Army camps.

The problem with school enforced ROTC is, some ROTC commanders are not really from the Army, some are just gay pencil pushers who doesn't know anything.
    I agree. ROTC should be taken away from schools. Let all the training be administered by a cadre of army/marine regulars and at military installations. Instead of being part of a school curriculum, ROTC will become a periodic obligation from 21 until say, 45 for both male and female.

As for lying idly around, we normally did when were in the school campus. But, whenever we went to Camp Aguinaldo and its huge parade ground, there's always someone in the ranks who suggested the officers march us around or at least let us march ourselves around with someone from the ranks moving up and calling cadence. And we were happy to march around because the morning went by really fast. The officers were more than happy to oblige us. But, if we were training at the school campus with that tiny parking lot, all we could do was stand in formation.

Plus I don't know how it is now. But, whenever I commuted home after CAT, I always got nods of approval from bus drivers and passengers......gave me that nice comfy feeling.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    ...CAT back then was a lot of fun really... got to learn how to rapel, navigate rope & obstacle courses, dismantle & assemble an M16, etc.
    Totoo sir? Buti ka pa... I would've enjoyed ROTC kung mga ito ginawa namin.

Isa lang ang training sa amin e. Pasang Masid! When war comes, the secret weapon of the AdMU ROTC will be Pasang Masid... walang laban mga kalaban dyan. Lalo na pag saludo namin sa kanila...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    For me, gawin nilang optional, which is the case right now. Yung mga gustong kumuha, kunin nila. Backdoor ito for entry into the officer corps ng AFP. Wag ipilit sa mga ayaw.

I had my ROTC in UPD (nung wala pang ROTC Dept. ang UP Manila and UP Manila. Never finished a single course, kahit MS 11. Ended up finishing all 4 courses (MS 11 to Ms 22) in Fort Bonifacio spread over 2 summers. Lintek, kahirap! MS 11 sa umaga, tapos MS 12 sa hapon. Next summer, MS 21 tapos MS 22 ulit. Bad trip nga, hindi man lang na-credit yung stint ko sa PMA.

Pwede ka nang SS Storm Trooper. hehehe

----
    Sa akin ok naman, Just make it Interesting!
    Like lectures on explosive stuff and what kind of armory we have.

Pag model Platoon ok din. Good thing lumipat ako from Private 4th class to model platoon hehehehe

Try this website pala ok din

www.timawa.net

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    sa mga nababasa ko dito naaawa ako sa mga kababaihan at mga anak nating pag sinakop tayo ng ibang bansa.

napakadali pala nating makalimot. eh di kung ganun pati na rin ang pambansang awit wag na alng natin kakantahin kahit sa sine. eh kung di naman tayo handa diba?

tsk tsk. kaya lumaganap din ang lagay na tinutukoy sa UST eh kasi ang mga estudyante din mismo ang nag bayad. kung di sila nag bayad at sinabi sa mga kurakot at pag-tiyagaan na lang nila ang kaunting sakripisyo na wala man lang sa kalingkingan na nadanas ng mga ROTC cadets na nagtanggol sa Bataan at Corregidor para sa kanilang kalayaan...ay...baka matauhan ang mga kurakot na sundalo.

i remember yung sabi kasi ng lolo ko na nag death march at naging POW at nakatakas at naging guerilla. Ginawa daw niya lahat na yun para sa amin na di pa pinapanganak nun. ROTC cadet lang siya nun.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post

CAT back then was a lot of fun really... got to learn how to rapel, navigate rope & obstacle courses, dismantle & assemble an M16, etc.
    Yup, masaya din CAT days namin. kapag summer training namin umaakyat kami ng bundok, sa Ternate Cavite, tapos nag wargames kami, pati night operations meron kami, nag paputok din kami ng .45, ang target namin naka pako sa puno ng balete ngiii... nag rarapel, pati tumulay sa rope na nakabitin di ko matandaan kung ano tawag dun hehe, tapos kapag naglalakad kami kung saan man kami papunta, ang orders kapag may pumutok, hit the dirt, yung isang kasama ko ibang dirt ang nasalpukan... cow dirt, ang saya!

Pero nung college, pang lalaki lang ROTC nung time ko, buti na lang din kasi wala naman daw ginagawa kundi magbabad sa araw pati sa ulan.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg View Post
    Totoo sir? Buti ka pa... I would've enjoyed ROTC kung mga ito ginawa namin.

Isa lang ang training sa amin e. Pasang Masid! When war comes, the secret weapon of the AdMU ROTC will be Pasang Masid... walang laban mga kalaban dyan. Lalo na pag saludo namin sa kanila...
    brad ang pag martsa martsa ay para sa disiplina. ganun talaga. at pag may gera na dun kailangan ang disiplina. kasama pala ang mga taga Ateneo sa mga ROTC cadets na pinadala sa Bataan. Malamang pina-martsa din sila bagu nun.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I agree. ROTC should be taken away from schools. Let all the training be administered by a cadre of army/marine regulars and at military installations. Instead of being part of a school curriculum, ROTC will become a periodic obligation from 21 until say, 45 for both male and female.

As for lying idly around, we normally did when were in the school campus. But, whenever we went to Camp Aguinaldo and its huge parade ground, there's always someone in the ranks who suggested the officers march us around or at least let us march ourselves around with someone from the ranks moving up and calling cadence. And we were happy to march around because the morning went by really fast. The officers were more than happy to oblige us. But, if we were training at the school campus with that tiny parking lot, all we could do was stand in formation.

Plus I don't know how it is now. But, whenever I commuted home after CAT, I always got nods of approval from bus drivers and passengers......gave me that nice comfy feeling.
    You have a good attitude.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shooter View Post
    sa mga nababasa ko dito naaawa ako sa mga kababaihan at mga anak nating pag sinakop tayo ng ibang bansa.

napakadali pala nating makalimot. eh di kung ganun pati na rin ang pambansang awit wag na alng natin kakantahin kahit sa sine. eh kung di naman tayo handa diba? ...

i remember yung sabi kasi ng lolo ko na nag death march at naging POW at nakatakas at naging guerilla. Ginawa daw niya lahat na yun para sa amin na di pa pinapanganak nun. ROTC cadet lang siya nun.
    And herein lies a more deeply-rooted problem facing our country: many Filipinos have no sense of history or appreciation for our past.

I mean, I am pushing forty, so I come from an older generation, and even I have to confess that it was only during the last decade or so that I began poring through history books and other chronicles of our country's past. I began studying how life was for our forefathers during the Spanish era, during the Japanese occupation, and during our fledgling years as the first Republic in Asia. And I discovered that we have much to be proud of as a people, in spite of the many mistakes and failures we have also made.

That's why I find it saddening to know that now, many gradeschool children have no desire to learn about Filipino history. My own son admits that the subject he likes least in school is Hekasi, because of all the "useless facts" he is made to memorize

Thus, whenever I can, I try to let him know about the bravery and nobility that his countrymen showed in the darker chapters of our history. It helps that we live in the province, so we often pass by many historical sites in Tarlac and Pangasinan --notably those connected with the Death March, and those related to the early history of Pangasinan.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic post. Just had to let some frustration out.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    ok lang na i-require pero sana naman baguhin nila yun training nila at hindi lang limited sa formation at pagparada. sana isama nila guerilla warfare saka totoong tactical training. parang ang lumalabas kasi eh kung sakaling magkagiyera panapon na lahat ng mga yon since wala talagang natututunan kahit ano sa ROTC

Sa UPLB at least real guns ang pinapahawak. (wala lang firing pin yata) at least lahat ng kadete dun eh alam kung pano talaga humawak ng rifles.

LB boy ka pala. same here although ako nakahawak ng totoong baril nun. after attending 7 drill days (sat morning) pinatawag ako ng opis at dun daw pala ako sa intelligence unit :D mataas daw kasi grade ko sa mga subjects hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doble Post
    Last edited by MAXBUWAYA; August 15th, 2007 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Itchy Finger

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
ROTC balak i-require ulit