New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you own and wear Rolex watch(s)?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • I own and wear Rolex watch(s).

17 36.17%
  • I own but don't wear Rolex watch(s)

7 14.89%
  • I don't own a Rolex watch.

23 48.94%
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gerome View Post
    Rolex...no
    Panerai..yes!!!
    There was once a time when Panerai used Rolex movements ...

Betcha did'nt know that! ..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    sa TAG meron sila ung Carrera na sila mismo gumawa nung movement. nice huh.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    sa TAG meron sila ung Carrera na sila mismo gumawa nung movement. nice huh.
    IIRC, Heuer manufactures their own movements. In fact there are certain watch mechnical parts that hold Heuer patents.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Watches are like cars... They both have the same basic function. No one buys cars for investment, but mostly for buyer's pleasure. Same with watches. That's why there are stocks and bonds and other investment instruments. I love watches also, and for me I buy what gives me the greatest pleasure of owning, and not what other people might think or what the price is.

Buy what you like, and don't regret it. JMTC

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGunn View Post
    Watches are like cars... They both have the same basic function. No one buys cars for investment, but mostly for buyer's pleasure. Same with watches. That's why there are stocks and bonds and other investment instruments. I love watches also, and for me I buy what gives me the greatest pleasure of owning, and not what other people might think or what the price is.

Buy what you like, and don't regret it. JMTC

thanks sa tip sir. ung 150K na carrera seems reasonable to me pero ung 45K na iphone 5 dito sa Pinas eh namamahalan ako. kanya kanyang trip lang.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    thanks sa tip sir. ung 150K na carrera seems reasonable to me pero ung 45K na iphone 5 dito sa Pinas eh namamahalan ako. kanya kanyang trip lang.
    Di talaga reasonable ang Iphone 5 at 45k, coz after a year obsolete na siya, hehe. Yung Carrera naman can even become an heirloom after decades of use.

I'd even buy a watch that costs as much as a brand new car, like a Vios, since a Vios would likely be sold after 4-5years to upgrade, but the watch can stay with me for decades and even generations by passing it down to my children and then their children's children.

Kaya mahal ang rolex, because of this factor. But I for one would not go for a rolex. I prefer watches that most people don't recognize. Watches that look top class, feel top class, but is not recognizable to every Tom, Dick or Harry. My grail watch now is a JLC. For everyday ruggedness, I wear a Ball, which IMO is a good alternative to Tag Heuer.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    IIRC, Heuer manufactures their own movements. In fact there are certain watch mechnical parts that hold Heuer patents.

oh okay sir, when the sales lady was explaining to me when I was looking for Carrera watches, she pointed me to that particular watch and sabi sa akin eh, that watch is special kasi ung movement gawa mismo ng TAG comapred sa other Carrera watches na iba ung gumawa ng movement.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011

Ito ung maganda sa PP. Hindi mukhang pang DOM. problema lang, presyo na ng isang brand new camry ito.
    Last edited by Retz; November 3rd, 2012 at 07:00 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGunn View Post
    Di talaga reasonable ang Iphone 5 at 45k, coz after a year obsolete na siya, hehe. Yung Carrera naman can even become an heirloom after decades of use.

I'd even buy a watch that costs as much as a brand new car, like a Vios, since a Vios would likely be sold after 4-5years to upgrade, but the watch can stay with me for decades and even generations by passing it down to my children and then their children's children.

Kaya mahal ang rolex, because of this factor. But I for one would not go for a rolex. I prefer watches that most people don't recognize. Watches that look top class, feel top class, but is not recognizable to every Tom, Dick or Harry. My grail watch now is a JLC. For everyday ruggedness, I wear a Ball, which IMO is a good alternative to Tag Heuer.
    i agree with this. watches can be owned for decades and be passed on to your son or grandson. this is one advantage of expensive and well known jewelries that can't be done to cars and electronics(cellphone and laptop).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ano mas maganda para sa inyo?

Grand Carrera:

Carrera:

I believe sila ung top of the line in their respective category.

ROLEX WATCHES: To rolex or not to rolex?