New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    idol ko siya way back the bmx times in the 80's when it comes to rampa.

RIP to evel knievel

By his own accounts, Knievel lived to the full, blowing a £20m fortune, bedding 2,000 women - including eight in one day - and soaking his chest with whisky and setting it on fire for a joke in a bar.

He was friends with Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra and Lee Marvin, who said he was “the cool tough guy we all love playing on the screen, the genuine article”.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2983763.ece

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i believe he holds the record for most fractured bones in his entire life according to guiness.
    I've seen a show on tv where knievel rides a custom chopper.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    saan kaya ang punta ng kaluluwa ni evil knievel? sa langit o sa impierno?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by b1rken5tock View Post
    saan kaya ang punta ng kaluluwa ni evil knievel? sa langit o sa impierno?
    Sa impierno sana kasi gusto ko siya makilala.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/...icle_id=106130

BUTTE, Montana--Hollywood icons and former sports stars joined around 5,000 mourners in an emotional farewell as motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel was laid to rest here Monday.
    Actor Matthew McConaughey and former heavyweight boxing champion Joe Frazier paid tribute at a memorial service ahead of a private funeral for Knievel, who died aged 69 on November 30 from pulmonary fibrosis.
    Frazier said he and Knievel met in 1968 and quickly found common ground. "His job and my job were pretty tough jobs," said Frazier at the Butte Civic Center service.
    Knievel's daredevil career was at its height in the 1960s and 1970s. During that time, he captured national attention jumping buses and Mack trucks, and attempted to jump a "rocket cycle" over the Snake River Canyon in Idaho.
    McConaughey meanwhile called Knievel a straight-talking man who was most at home while soaring through the air on his motorcycle.
    "Being on the earth is sometimes a lot harder than being in the air," McConaughey said. "Coming back down could be living hell sometimes. But he's forever in flight now and he doesn't have to come back down."
    Knievel's open casket was surrounded with American flags and poinsettias. To the left of the Civic center stage, a white pickup truck with star-spangled decals resembling Knievel's jumpsuit stood watch over the service.
    Knievel maintained a lifelong connection to his hometown of Butte, a former copper mining boomtown in the Rocky Mountains dominated by a mile-and-a-half wide pit that is one of America's largest toxic waste sites.
    The city of 32,000, which locals refer to as "Butte, America," has for the past six years hosted a summer festival called "Evel Knievel Days."
    "You don't know what this is about unless you've lived in Butte," said Butte resident Mary Lou Hanson, 69.
    "It's like one big family, and we've lost a family member."
    Butte native Lee Waananen said one of his favorite boyhood memories was when he and his grandfather happened upon Knievel at a local cafe.
    "I thought it was neat that he was a regular Butte boy," Waananen said.
    Preceding the service, several hundred spectators braved sub-freezing temperatures Sunday night to greet Knievel's casket as it arrived.
    Knievel's casket was carried in under a night sky illuminated by red, white and blue fireworks.
    Son Robbie Knievel, who followed his father's daredevil footsteps, declared at the service: "I am not the greatest daredevil in the world. I am the son of the greatest daredevil in the world."
    Following the memorial, a private burial ceremony was held. Knievel is survived by his wife Krystal, his four children from a previous marriage, and several grandchildren

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RIP knievel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
R.I.P. Evel Knievel