New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    that's the sad thing about the current labor situation in the country.

Large companies dont want to add more people to their payroll. They just hire contractors.

It's less headache to pay 1 contractor who has a hundred people than to hire 100 people.
    Main reason for that would be Flexibility on the part of the employer. For example in the semiconductor industry. This industry is usually in cyclic operations, that is, peak operations are in cycles. During peak seasons, the production volume is so high thus they need to hire additional staff. They can not make those new hirees to be regular employees as they wont be doing anything during the time the production situation is on lull. If they have been made regular, imagine the benefits they would be paying for non-productive employees.
    Last edited by claRkEnt; November 6th, 2007 at 03:48 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    That's the reason why naging OFW ako.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    yup sana man lng may redistribution ng wealth or trickle down effect kaso wala capitalism ksi is based on greed and selfishness---it is the force that drives men mad.

nakikirally me nun nasa upmla pa ako. ako yun nabugbog frontiler ksi ayan after that tigil na after mabaldado joke hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    well wala nmn siguro company na barat magpasweldo per se. Relative din kasi ang amount of salary with ones "desires" rather than need. Kasi nga pag tumaas ang sahod mo subconciously eh tumataas din standard if living mo. Still guilty of that sometimes until now Basta ang philosophy ko is kung nabababaan na ako sa sweldo ko then im the one to go and not demand the stars and the moon. And dont bad mouth the company, trabaho lang, kasi nasa loob ka pa. Dakilang empleyado lang nmn tayo. Ive been working for the prestigious semicon MNC for 9 years. What I did is every 5 years i seek out employment outside, para malaman ko ang net worth ko. But in my 9th year medyo kinarer ang pagaaply kaya nandito ako ngayon sa buhanginan ng saudi hehe. No regrets ako dun sa past co. ko although not that big a salary but the fringe benefits (training, development, medical etc.) is good. Siguro nga di rin me ma hihire dito now if not ako galing dun. Parang napahinog ka ng maiigi and now medyo you are reaping the fruits.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    to get even sa mga company na "barat", mas maganda habang employed ka don lahat ng technical aspects na pwede mong e absorb absorb muna then hanap ng ibang kumpanya pero wag muna magreresgin till makakakuha ng bagong employer.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    walang barat na company. sad to say what you get is your current 'market value'

think of it this way. knowing yourself, how much would you pay the 'you' now if you are the owner of the company you are working?

if you want a big pay, make sure you can give something big din.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    ...IMO, certain companies are getting too greedy, especially those publicly listed. They earn millions/billions, yet would rather spend the retained earnings on perks for upper management and stockholders. Yung mga PLC's, dapat yung bottomline nila for this year should be higher than last year's, to impress future stockholders, so they hold back on employee benefits. Management should put extra emphasis nowadays on social values, like spreading the wealth to their employees, para may totoong trickle-down effect. That's good karma.
    I didn't know that corporations were established to alleviate poverty. AFAIK, a corporation is established FOR PROFIT. Unless, of course, it was a non-profit organization...

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    ...Maybe they're forgetting that a company's single most important resource is its people...
    I guess it's ok then to "pa-utang" the useless relatives because they are the most important resource of a "family".

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    actually, the reason why top companies give out monthly salaries is because they package everything to include bonuses, medical benefits, health insurance, retirement benefits, etc.

if you would want to get a higher monthly salary, get to be a consultant. 10% lang ang tax.
    As an employer, this is also one of my biggest concerns. Every time we increase salaries, 20% (or more) of it just goes to additional tax burden. Kaya nga yata madaming companies na 'benefit' na lang ang mas pinapalaki eh. Sana may magkaroon ng good idea para maayos ito.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder View Post

think of it this way. knowing yourself, how much would you pay the 'you' now if you are the owner of the company you are working?

Well said bro.

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder View Post

I've worked with several companies and sad to say some are really barats to the max. Most of them are the Chinese-owned ones. Sy. *cough*

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Prestigious kuno pero Barat Magpasweldo