New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Nothing would be a problem given that our country has the adequate facilities to take care of these biohazards and the adequate security to prevent unauthorized wastes being illegally dumped in our country.

What's ironic is that the developed countries are the ones capable of easily inventing and providing facilities to take care of these wastes yet they send the wastes to developing countries that don't even have a clue to where they could dispose the wastes shipped onto them.
    Last edited by batang_raon14; October 28th, 2006 at 01:32 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    meron na kaya tayong mga facilities na pwedeng mag dispose sa mga biohazards na ito? i hope so. i hope din na ang singil natin para sa disposal services ay adequate at hindi tayo lugi compared to the health dangers and environmental risks involved.

kaya lang bakit nauna na silang mag ship ng waste eh wala pa naman akong nababalitaang me vacancies sa japan para sa nurses at caregivers? mukha atang hindi parehas. at baka me requirement pa na dapat marunong magsalita ng nippongo ang mare recruit. paktay pag me ganitong requirement, matatagalan bago me makarating na nurses at caregivers dun...

in the meantime, containers and containers of biohazard wastes are coming into port...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The Philippines can't even dispose of it's own regular waste properly(see Smokey Mountain, Payatas, etc). So why would the goverment sign an agreement this stupid and take another country's biohazard.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Goes to show what a rich country like Japan thinks of the Phils. They know the Phils. needs a large export market for our surplus labor.

They know we need them more than they need us.

Our negotiators dont have any cards. Japan has all the cards.

If we threaten not to send our labor there, they can easily get labor from dozens of other poor countries. And to spite us, they can restrict entry of our labor.

If we threaten them by restricting imports of some things they export to us, they will just laugh at us coz our market is so small. It wont even affect them.

So eto tayo, mga negotiators natin... tanggapin nalang ang conditions ng Japan ---- we let ur workers in, u let our waste in.
    in the 1940's, Japan invades one of the richest nation in SEA, us. and made us miserable since then.

more than 60 years after, eto na naman sila hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Pati mga electronic devices/gadgets na dinadala nila rito,- toxic din dahil sa lead (tingga).....

Kailangan ay proper disposal....

:starwars:

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    They should dump those powerful engines,turbos,Jdm stuff.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    The first news report about this was way back in 1999 pa. They found around 20, 40 footer container vans at the far end of the manila container yard.

They contained medical wastes from Tokyo!

From used syringes with blood still in them and bits of human flesh

Ang justification ng mga officials then was that these were going to be incinerated daw in the "proper facility".
    eto ngayon iniisip ko .napanood ko ito sa TV correct si Bro raines,may mga syringes at mga cotton or bed sheets pa na may blood .kadiri talaga iyon ano na nga kaya nagyari sa container van na iyon?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    in the 1940's, Japan invades one of the richest nation in SEA, us. and made us miserable since then.

more than 60 years after, eto na naman sila hehehe.
    I was about to say these.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Facilities to deal with imported waste material? We cant even deal with our own garbage.

--------------------------------------

This is a one-sided trade negotiation. and it's not company-to-company or industry-to-industry. it's govt-to-govt.

To earn foreign currency, maintain social stability and keep mass uprising in check, the Phil. govt has to negotiate with foreign govts to let our labor into their countries. (reduce the number of disenchanted, unemployed masses who are a potential threat to stability by sending them overseas)

The foreign negotiators know our position. They know how desperate our side is. They know we will accept almost any condition.

It just so happens they have a huge pile of hazardous waste in their backyard and have no place to dump it. hmmmm.... a lightbulb turns on over their heads.
    Last edited by uls; October 28th, 2006 at 10:04 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Shipping waste and scrap to developing countries is not really something new. This is usually done when the proper disposal of the waste/scrap is labor intensive. Thus it is shipped somewhere where labor is cheaper.

However, wala naman atang disposal company na assigned mag dispose sa mga waste na pinadala dito which is kind of odd.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posible na tayong maging dumpsite ng Japan