New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    I've read somewhere that the flight attendant got hit in the head by a bag or the compartment door.

naalala ko tuloy yung old saying, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." Even if you're a paying customer, you shouldn't abuse it.

Correct bale pagkuha ng pasahero noong bag niya bago lumapag ang eroplano, tinamaan ang flight attendant sa noo. Tapos di man lang nag sorry ang pasahero.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/38630610

http://www.latimes.com/features/odd-...,6941566.story

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/10/ny...attendant.html

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    double post due to internet problem.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Add ko lang...
    Steven Slater ponders next move as JetBlue flight attendant basks in glow of newfound fame

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...#ixzz0wMpn19Rw

BY Matthew Lysiak, Oren Yaniv and Rich Schapiro
    DAILY NEWS WRITERS

It was the exit he'd always dreamed about.
    JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater told the Daily News he long fantasized about escaping a plane by jumping down its emergency slide.
    "It was great. I always wanted to do it," Slater said outside of his home in Belle Harbor, Queens.
    Slater, 38, was still basking in the spotlight Wednesday and pondering his next move.
    "One door closes, another one opens," he said enigmatically as he left a bail bondsman's office in Queens earlier in the day.
    Slater declined to talk about the confrontation a passenger that prompted his dramatic down-the-chute departure Monday.
    He plans to hire a new lawyer and make some kind of announcement soon.
    "A lot of my life is out of my hands right now," he said as he got into a Jeep with his boyfriend. "There's a lot to sort out in a fairly quick time frame."
    Slater, who lives in Queens, spent the night in an Upper East Side apartment after being bailed out of jail.
    When he left the Vernon C. Bain Center in Hunts Point, the Bronx, on Tuesday night, he said he was shocked by his folk-hero status.
    "I knew there was a brouhaha about this, but while I was on the inside I didn't realize how much attention it got," he said.
    "I think something about this resonated with people. The outpouring of support is very appreciated. I'm overwhelmed, very thankful."
    Slater became a household name after he cursed out a nasty passenger over a plane intercom, grabbed some beer and fled down an emergency slide at Kennedy Airport.
    He has pleaded not guilty to criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and trespassing charges - and his mom says he's no criminal.
    "I can understand why he snapped. I would have snapped, too," Diane Slater said Tuesday after her son pleaded not guilty to criminal charges.
    "I think he just had a very small meltdown, and I think he deserved to be able to have that meltdown."
    In his announcement to passengers on the flight out of Pittsburgh, Slater referred to the woman as "the f-----g a--hole that told me to f--k off."
    He then declared, "I've had it. That's it," witnesses said.
    Slater's Legal Aid lawyer, Howard Turman, said his client was trying to defuse a testy situation when the passenger, who has not been identified, started giving him hell after the plane landed.
    "He was trying to do his best in providing safety and you have rudeness and lack of courtesy among the traveling public," Turman said.
    "The woman was outraged and cursed him out a great deal. At that point, I think, he just wanted to avoid conflict with her."
    Authorities said Slater endangered jetBlue employees under the aircraft when he activated the emergency slide, which costs more than $25,000 to replace.
    JetBlue suspended Slater even as Facebook fans began raising money for his legal defense and demanding he get his job back.
    Gay pala siya...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    heard this on radio kanina umaga. most pilots and FA daw dreads flights to SoKor. kasi as the plane taxied to the terminal karamihan ng Koreans na pasahero ay mga nakatayo na. Sa inis ng FA sa kababawal sa mga pasahero na magsi-upo ay nagsumbong ito sa piloto. ano ginawa ng piloto?bigla sya nagpreno at lahat ng passenger na nakatayo ay nagsitumba. narinig ko lang kanina sa show ni motwister. share lang.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    May discrepancy dun sa age ni Slater.

According to the article above, 38 y/o lang siya, but yung unang post, he's quoted as saying na 28 years na siya in the business (which means he was only 10 y/o when he started working).

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    May discrepancy dun sa age ni Slater.

According to the article above, 38 y/o lang siya, but yung unang post, he's quoted as saying na 28 years na siya in the business (which means he was only 10 y/o when he started working).
    Oo nga noh :doh:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ubod ng kakulitan pala mga ibang passengers kasi. Paano pa kung nakatapat ng fat black na makulit...

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/0...id=zpQhhWnN6RE

Steven Slater, a JetBlue flight attendant, got into an argument with a passenger who was trying to remove a bag from the overhead bin while the plane was still taxiing, according to a source familiar with the incident.

The tension between Slater and the passenger apparently began in Pittsburgh, where the flight originated.

A female passenger "was struggling to shove her carry-on luggage [into the overhead bin] and she was competing with another passenger for the slot. They were shoving luggage around," said Slater's attorney, Howard Turman. "He [Slater] came over to assist, she started cursing and -- based on the information -- slammed the overhead luggage bin on his [Slater's] head," Turman said.

Turman said the female passenger said "F--- you" to Slater.

After the flight landed at JFK, Slater approached the same female passenger, who was retrieving her bag from the bin while the plane was still taxiing to the gate, according to a source familiar with the incident. Passengers are required to stay in their seats with their seat belts fastened until the pilot has reached the gate and gives the all-clear sign.

The passenger cursed Slater again, Turman said. Her fury grew upon learning she would have to wait at baggage claim to retrieve luggage she was forced to check at the gate.

Slater then got on the plane's public address system to say he'd had it, grabbed a couple of beers and slid off a plane through the escape chute.

Many flight attendants and airline industry workers have been leaving comments on CNN.com to voice their support for Slater and vent their frustrations about rude passengers.

"As a flight attendant for a major U.S. international flag carrier, I've been called a b**** and assorted other names while on board an aircraft, had food trays thrown at me, and treated worse in this job than any other. There are days after constant belittlement and attempted subjugation I wanted to do the same thing," wrote stewRN.

Others were concerned that the flying public sees them as little more than waiters and waitresses in the sky. For one, the indignities of the profession were just too much.

"I used to be a flight attendant. I left just after 1.5 years on the job. I was tired of not being treated with respect by passengers and management. After all these years, I still remember this kid saying loudly, 'Here comes the trash lady.' His father was laughing next to him," wrote a poster who identified herself as soundoff123.
    Last edited by Monseratto; August 12th, 2010 at 03:33 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Nakakaawa talaga ang mga flight stewardess kasi mahirap na nga trabaho nila at delikado tapos hindi pa sila igagalang ng mga walang desiplina na mga pasahero...... Lagi ko nakikita yan pag nasakay ako ng eroplano, hindi pa nga natigil ang eroplano kukunin na ang gamit. At marami din ako nakita na pasahero na hindi pinapatay ang cellphone kahit lumilipad na ang eroplano... ang sarap talaga sa ulo ang mga yan..... Observahan nyo sa lokal flight natin ang iba natin na kababayan hindi pinapatay ang cellphone kahit lilipad na ang eropano. Buti sa mga pasahero na yan ihulog sa taas o itali sa pakpak ng eroplano para pag lapag ng eroplano pwede nalang sya tumalon....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    From my vacation this July, I was on CX from HKG to Riyadh. Katabi ko, isang Saudi guy, about 22-25 yo. Grabe uminom! Una, beer ang request. After a while, whiskey (on the rock) na ang inorder sa FA. Naka-3 siya. Nung mag-dinner kami, red wine naman ang pinag trip-an. Sunod-sunod ang request. Nung huli, nabuwisit na yung FA, ibinigay na yung natira sa bote ng red wine sa kanya. Take note: yung food nya, special pa, dapat daw HALAL, bawal sa kanya yung hindi Halal. Pero......yung isang pinaka-bawal sa Islam, nalimutan nya. Alak!

Kala ko nga magwawala sa dami ng nainom. Buti na lang, dinaan na lang sa tulog.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    From my vacation this July, I was on CX from HKG to Riyadh. Katabi ko, isang Saudi guy, about 22-25 yo. Grabe uminom! Una, beer ang request. After a while, whiskey (on the rock) na ang inorder sa FA. Naka-3 siya. Nung mag-dinner kami, red wine naman ang pinag trip-an. Sunod-sunod ang request. Nung huli, nabuwisit na yung FA, ibinigay na yung natira sa bote ng red wine sa kanya. Take note: yung food nya, special pa, dapat daw HALAL, bawal sa kanya yung hindi Halal. Pero......yung isang pinaka-bawal sa Islam, nalimutan nya. Alak!

Kala ko nga magwawala sa dami ng nainom. Buti na lang, dinaan na lang sa tulog.
    Halal daw yung alak....HAL....HALAK falah!!! :drunk:

Ganyan naman yang mga iyan pag nasa kanila kala mo kung sinong phropeta, pero pag ala na sa kanila parang nakawala na sa koral... :bottom:

BTT

eto pala ang nangyari as per dun sa witness na pasahero...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100812/...WxsbmJzcHN0b3I-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Poor Flight Attendant