New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Best asset pa rin talaga yung ma-develop ang tenga. There's an awful lot of guitarists nowadays who are "laking tab" considering that you can find a lot of tabs in the net. Nothing beats being able to "play a song in your head" to the moment you hold a guitar right away moment after hearing it on the radio.

I prefer learning by your own first to gauge and see what you really want to learn. In this way, you learn to study at your own pace. Later on, an instructor becomes valuable because he/she could help in pointing out your "mistakes" in playing.

Try playing distortion/overdrive-free on low-gain/clean amps as much as possible when practicing scales and modes because OD/Dist on high-gain amps tend to compress the sound and hideaway sloppy technique.

My gear nowadays includes:
    Laney GH50L w/ 2 6L6tubes for hard rock
    Laney Lionheart 20W head w/ 4 EL84's for clean and crunch
    2 Laney Lionheart 2X12 cabs
    My good ol' custom RJ strat with a swamp ash body and maple neck
    Don-Jon jumbo acoustic guitar - inilalako ito sa third floor ng Megamall made in Pampanga. Ok rin ang tunog, let's buy Filipino

Heto yung website: Don-Jon Guitars

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i used to play tuck andres pieces grabe.... mga brokenchords pero superchickmagnet sa school! makalaglag panty nga daw! hehehe! yun isang friend ko buo nya yan man in the mirror. I never had any formal schooling pero dun sa org na tinayo namin natuto ako ultimo chord formulation! hehehe! ang practice namin dati eh magbibigay kami ng base chords then formulate the 9th augmented 9th, 7th augmented 7, sus chords etc plus recognition nung scales na ginagamit ng instrumentalist. and also synchopated chord patterns like dreamtheater pieces.

Anybody here heard the band infectious groove? napakadaming technical na banda pero di sumikat, mostly underground.

about "widow" or "kapa", this is one of the traits of a good musician, dapat i-combine mo to sa theory na matutunan mo sa formal training. kapag informal kasi, you wont develop speed and other techniques like pulloffs,hammerons, palm mutes pickmutes, proper strumming, etc.... one technique that we use is to loosen the rubber sa tape deck player para makuha yun exact notes sa solo parts ng kanta. minsan kasi kapag mabilis sobra eh di mo na marinig yun ibang notes.

if you want speed, paul gilbert is one of the best! meron ba dito nakapanood ng concert ng mr big na gumamit si paul gilbert ng electric drill for picking notes? grabe panalo!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    bro sa EB ng mga SFeyers tugtog ka ha?
    yoko i'm shy

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I've been playing the guitar since high school. Para sakin it would really help kung may mentor ka. Not necessarily a professional instructor. Kahit yung kabarkada lang na marunong magitara. Pag beginer kase mas ok talaga kung may magtuturo.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    thanks everyone for the tips.

ever since i started my lessons a few weeks ago, i've learned to play a couple of songs pero di ko pa nabubuo since paguwi ko nalang from work ako nakakapractice.

my instructor started teaching me to read notes. parang nagflashback ung music class ko nung nasa gradeschool ako. ung "Every Good Boy Does Fine" at FACE. hehe
    he was patiently teaching me to read notes and play them one by one. kaso i told him if it's okay we learn the notes every other meeting kasi i requested for a lesson in learning to play even just one song first. parang kasi mauubos ung isang buwan namin sa kakabasa ng notes e gustong gusto ko nang kahit papaano magstart tumugtog.

the two songs i am trying to play are "The one i love" and "Perfect" (true faith).

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    i used to play tuck andres pieces grabe.... mga brokenchords pero superchickmagnet sa school! makalaglag panty nga daw! hehehe! yun isang friend ko buo nya yan man in the mirror. I never had any formal schooling pero dun sa org na tinayo namin natuto ako ultimo chord formulation! hehehe! ang practice namin dati eh magbibigay kami ng base chords then formulate the 9th augmented 9th, 7th augmented 7, sus chords etc plus recognition nung scales na ginagamit ng instrumentalist. and also synchopated chord patterns like dreamtheater pieces.

Anybody here heard the band infectious groove? napakadaming technical na banda pero di sumikat, mostly underground.

about "widow" or "kapa", this is one of the traits of a good musician, dapat i-combine mo to sa theory na matutunan mo sa formal training. kapag informal kasi, you wont develop speed and other techniques like pulloffs,hammerons, palm mutes pickmutes, proper strumming, etc.... one technique that we use is to loosen the rubber sa tape deck player para makuha yun exact notes sa solo parts ng kanta. minsan kasi kapag mabilis sobra eh di mo na marinig yun ibang notes.

if you want speed, paul gilbert is one of the best! meron ba dito nakapanood ng concert ng mr big na gumamit si paul gilbert ng electric drill for picking notes? grabe panalo!
    yup have the video (japandemanium) before kaso i lent it, for me nuno bettercourt is better than paul gilbert try listening to his Midnight Express on Extreme's waiting for the punchline album

i used to play Yngwie Malmsteen's Save our love solo, my guitarist used to do van halen's eruption kaso lahat kami working na with years of not playing hehe i jokingly told him na we can still cover slow mr big songs

i always thought yngwie was the fastest but his tones get a little boring after awhile. his amberdawn for me is one of the best composed guitar solo

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Is having an "ear for music" a learned trait or do you have to be born into it? If I'm going to use my experience as basis, I'd say it's the latter. I'm curious to know what others think. I mean, I can listen to a piece, then later I'll be able to sing or hum or whistle (sipol) it with little learning effort. But ask me what notes, chords, etc they are and I wouldn't have a clue. So consequently, hindi ko rin sya matugtog sa gitara. May mga nakakapa din naman akong kanta, but it takes me forever!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pag eto tinutugtug ko, nauuwi sa houseboy namin ang gitara kasi sumasayaw ako mag-isa sa sobrang feel. dati ata nagawa pa namin sa bubong late night houseboy - playing me - dancing in the dark, nakita ata ng girl neighbor namin

yesterday i got so old
    i felt like i could die
    yesterday i got so old
    it made me want to cry
    go on go on
    just walk away
    go on go on
    your choice is made
    go on go on
    and disappear
    go on go on
    away from here

and i know i was wrong
    when i said it was true
    that it couldn't be me and be her
    inbetween without you
    without you

yesterday i got so scared
    i shivered like a child
    yesterday away from you
    it froze me deep inside
    come back come back
    don't walk away
    come back come back
    come back today
    come back come back
    why can't you see?
    come back come back
    come back to me

and i know i was wrong
    when i said it was true
    inbetween without you
    without you

yesterday i got so old
    i felt like i could die
    yesterday i got so old
    it made me want to cry
    go on go on
    just walk away
    go on go on
    your choice is made
    go on go on
    and disappear
    go on go on
    away from here

and i know i was wrong
    when i said it was true
    inbetween without you
    without you

yesterday i got so scared
    i shivered like a child
    yesterday away from you
    it froze me deep inside
    come back come back
    don't walk away
    come back come back
    come back today
    come back come back
    why can't you see?
    come back come back
    come back to me

and i know i was wrong
    when i said it was true
    inbetween without you
    without you

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Sir OldBlue, parang iba yata yung lyrics mo na pinost mo sa video. Si-sing along pa naman sana ako.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    yup have the video (japandemanium) before kaso i lent it, for me nuno bettercourt is better than paul gilbert try listening to his Midnight Express on Extreme's waiting for the punchline album

i used to play Yngwie Malmsteen's Save our love solo, my guitarist used to do van halen's eruption kaso lahat kami working na with years of not playing hehe i jokingly told him na we can still cover slow mr big songs

i always thought yngwie was the fastest but his tones get a little boring after awhile. his amberdawn for me is one of the best composed guitar solo
    one of my friend/mentor is a malmsteen addict! lahat ng tinuro nya sa kin classical lines tapos yun gitara nya scallop lahat ng frets and taas ng gauge ng strings! naliligo pa sa wd40 kaya bugbog daliri ko sa isa sa mga impromptu gigs namin before....

right now once in a blue moon na lang kung makahawak ng gitara as in sobrang kalawang na since makagraduate ako and mag-start magwork

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Playing the guitar