New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blue1108 View Post
    if you're really interested, i would also go with their suggestions on taking up formal lessons. ika nga, its always better to start the right way
    100% Agree.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    kung musically inclined ka, no need to take formal lessons.. based on my experience, pinag-enroll ako ng mga parents ko sa yamaha before ng piano and organ lessons para daw magamit yung binili nilang piano and organ.. sa kasamaang palad, natuto lang ako bumasa kahit paano ng notes.. si hubby naman, he never had any formal lessons.. sariling sikap lang sya nung bata pa kasi hilig nya talaga.. ngaun, he knows how to play every musical instrument sa :band:.. he even composes he's original music and lyrics.. and he doesn't need to see the notes in order to play it.. pakikinggan lang nya over and over again tapos myamya kayang kaya na nya gayahin yung tune.. sayang lang pinang-enroll sa akin ng parents ko.. buti na lang magaling si hubby.. sya na ngaun ang gumagamit ng piano at organ kapag walang magawa..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I think it depends on what you want to learn. Most of those I know who learned on their own don't know how to read notes. Kung jamming lang naman, ok na yon. But eventually, note reading can bring to a higher level of guitar playing. The guitar schools teach technique and note reading.

You can learn the same thing from friends or by watching the pros play, but sometimes friends don't teach very well.

Taking lessons also helps you remain committed to learning. Sometimes kasi, people just loose interest when they find the progress to be slow.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    if you have the time, patience, and money - take the lessons.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    formal lessons pa rin. when i played professionally, kitang kita ko yung difference in skill and technique ng iba versus my self study skills.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    +1, if you have the resources then better to go on lessons.
    playing guitar is one of my frustrations. Now, baka sabayan ko na lang son ko when he starts his lessons.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Take up lessons. It's really an advantage. You'll learn the do's and dont's of playing. Ika nga, parang driving lesson.

I never took lessons. I learned by observing friends, musicians, listening to a lot of genres and asking them how to play it. I took it from there.

But the most important thing is never to lose your interest.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    But the most important thing is never to lose your interest.
    makes me think of my own skills, if it can still be called that. i stopped playing seriously around 10 years ago. got to a pretty good level by self-study but lost interest. now im a klutz again, sira na finger dexterity. can't turn out any solos anymore.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pag nag-aral ka nyan, wala ka ng time magpa-gupit. kaya hahaba na buhok mo

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i myself play guitar. tho not professionally. hindi kaya ng mga daliri ko
    yung mga mabibilis na tipa. or hindi ko pa lang kasi pina-praktis.
    yan ang opinyon ko kasi. kung gusto matuto, praktis-praktis-praktis.
    banat lang ng banat. at kung ayaw pa rin, magpa-turo ka na lang. hehehe
    pero kapag matigas ang ulo mo kagaya ko na gusto agad maka-tugtog
    at masabayan yung mga sounds mo, oido lang. pero looking back, sana
    nag formal lessons na lang ako.
    at gaya ng sabi ng iba if you don't lose interest, kahit anong instrumento
    matu-tugtog mo. well, mahirap yung flute patunugin. pero yung mga
    instrumento sa band - keyboards(my first instrument to play), guitar,
    bass, drums, kajon, bongo, conga, etc. ang SARAAP tumugtog niyan bro!
    lalu na kapag me ka-jamming ka na marunong din. feeling mo rockista
    ka na. hehehe...
    tara jamming tayo! yung mga marunong diyan, tara EB jamming!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Playing the guitar