New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 186 of 237 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2368
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Mint w123
    Jaw dropping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1453643585384.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Testing the wife's camera. It's the second PnS digital camera (Canon A4000IS HD) that she managed to break the flash of. The first one she broke was a Sony. At least, it can still shoot okay outside.

The question is.... How do you break the flash? Oh, the sensor is also stuck at too bright. I have to tone down the images via software.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 25th, 2016 at 05:11 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Testing the wife's camera. It's the second PnS digital camera (Canon A4000IS HD) that she managed to break the flash of. The first one she broke was a Sony. At least, it can still shoot okay outside.

The question is.... How do you break the flash? Oh, the sensor is also stuck at too bright. I have to tone down the images via software.

And here's your favorite race track
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1453787001579.jpg  

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1453812716.940116.jpgimageuploadedbytsikot-forums1453812793.250288.jpgimageuploadedbytsikot-forums1453812870.843643.jpg

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    And here's your favorite race track
    You mean I-80 west headed to Auburn/Sacramento? I think I got stopped by the CHP a total of six times. I BSed my way out of 3 of them. Of the three tickets I received, I had to pay for two of them. One was a ticket for 75 mph even though the cop clocked me at 125 mph. The 3rd one would have landed me in jail (3 strikes you're out law). But, the cop had bigger fish to fry behind me. He decided to tear it up and let me go. After paying several hundred $$$ in fines, I finally slowed down.

But, yup. I loved that climb right after the Truckee checkpoint. Oh. I hope you carry chains with you. You never know when a freak storm will mess things up. if the roads get snowed in, the cops won't let you through without chains.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 27th, 2016 at 01:49 AM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    You mean I-80 west headed to Auburn/Sacramento? I think I got stopped by the CHP a total of six times. I BSed my way out of 3 of them. Of the three tickets I received, I had to pay for two of them. One was a ticket for 75 mph even though the cop clocked me at 125 mph. The 3rd one would have landed me in jail (3 strikes you're out law). But, the cop had bigger fish to fry behind me. He decided to tear it up and let me go. After paying several hundred $$$ in fines, I finally slowed down.

But, yup. I loved that climb right after the Truckee checkpoint. Oh. I hope you carry chains with you. You never know when a freak storm will mess things up. if the roads get snowed in, the cops won't let you through without chains.
    Yes, I80 but it is the opposite way going to Reno. I think that is the Sierra Nevada in the background capped in white. Nope, did not carry chains but there were enterprising groups at some stops that offer it for $30 with free installation. I was renting the 2016 Nissan Sentra and it gripped the powdery snow well. Of course I had to drive at a slower pace than most other cars. The curves and the slope plus the thought of encountering black ice made me think twice.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Yes, I80 but it is the opposite way going to Reno. I think that is the Sierra Nevada in the background capped in white. Nope, did not carry chains but there were enterprising groups at some stops that offer it for $30 with free installation. I was renting the 2016 Nissan Sentra and it gripped the powdery snow well. Of course I had to drive at a slower pace than most other cars. The curves and the slope plus the thought of encountering black ice made me think twice.
    Are you one of the weekend crowd that drive over to gamble? Every Friday night, there's a logjam of Californians headed east on I-80. The Nevada cops are at the border waiting, ready to pounce.

At Sunday, it's the opposite. There would be many Californians going home back west. The California cops would be the ones waiting at the border.

I see three lanes on your side. You must be on one of the downhill/uphill stretches. When I drove over a downhill stretch, I let gravity do all the work. Sometimes, my car would be hitting well past 100 mph. There are usually no cops on the uphills and downhills.

If you drive on I-80 long enough, you start to see traffic patterns that warn you of speed traps, especially the traffic going the other way. No need for radar detectors. The cops become more ticket-happy if they see you with one.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 27th, 2016 at 08:28 AM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Are you one of the weekend crowd that drive over to gamble? Every Friday night, there's a logjam of Californians headed east on I-80. The Nevada cops are at the border waiting, ready to pounce.

At Sunday, it's the opposite. There would be many Californians going home back west. The California cops would be the ones waiting at the border.

I see three lanes on your side. You must be on one of the downhill/uphill stretches. When I drove over a downhill stretch, I let gravity do all the work. Sometimes, my car would be hitting well past 100 mph. There are usually no cops on the uphills and downhills.

If you drive on I-80 long enough, you start to see traffic patterns that warn you of speed traps, especially the traffic going the other way. No need for radar detectors. The cops become more ticket-happy if they see you with one.
    Nope, not a gambler. Visited Reno out of curiosity, found it almost deserted, paid my dues and left.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Taken with my iPhone while out hiking:

imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1453934963.729970.jpg

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by xthine View Post
    Taken with my iPhone while out hiking:

imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1453934963.729970.jpg
    Astig yang shoes mo gandaPHOTOGRAPHERS: Post your photos !PHOTOGRAPHERS: Post your photos !

PHOTOGRAPHERS: Post your photos !