New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 216 of 237 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2368
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    We were moving from New York back to Arizona two years ago. I drove my car while my wife drove hers. She got tired and had to take a nap at a rest area near the Great Salt Lake. That gave me plenty of time to take photos.

There are subtle color differences among the sunset photos.
    Yep! That's how it's done. You take a lot of photos and choose the best.

I stayed in MN for some time and planned to drive around and take some photos. Apparently, that's not a good idea on mid November. I ended up spending my time in Barnes and Ihop.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by i.am.aids View Post
    I stayed in MN for some time and planned to drive around and take some photos. Apparently, that's not a good idea on mid November. I ended up spending my time in Barnes and Ihop.
    It's not that hard to drive in snow, even with a FWD car. I spent six years at the lake-effect region of New York, along the shores of Lake Ontario. I found winter photos to be fascinating.

Oh from mid-2010 onwards, I've been using a 12mp Canon Rebel EOS beginner DSLR for my photos, including the sunset photo.

Prior to 2010, I used a 2001 Nikon Coolpix 995 3.2mp. I tend to keep cameras for long periods of time.

If I do replace the Canon Rebel EOS, it'll be another DSLR or a point and shoot with a big lens.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    It's not that hard to drive in snow, even with a FWD car. I spent six years at the lake-effect region of New York, along the shores of Lake Ontario. I found winter photos to be fascinating.

Oh from mid-2010 onwards, I've been using a 12mp Canon Rebel EOS beginner DSLR for my photos, including the sunset photo.

Prior to 2010, I used a 2001 Nikon Coolpix 995 3.2mp. I tend to keep cameras for long periods of time.

If I do replace the Canon Rebel EOS, it'll be another DSLR or a point and shoot with a big lens.
    Yes, winter photos are fascinating. I just don't find -20 (can't remember the exact temp but was told that it's cold by MN standard) comfortable roaming around with a DSLR.

Winter photos evokes that sad emotions for me. Not that it's bad...

Try checking out mirrorless, Canon just released a good one. Or the proven and tested olympus and fuji systems.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009

Manila Bay

Composite Image
    - took 2 photos, 1 under exposed, 1 overexposed
    - combined the two photos using photoshop

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yes, winter photos are fascinating. I just don't find -20 (can't remember the exact temp but was told that it's cold by MN standard) comfortable roaming around with a DSLR.

Winter photos evokes that sad emotions for me. Not that it's bad...

Try checking out mirrorless, Canon just released a good one. Or the proven and tested olympus and fuji systems.
    Cold is fun. I loved it although the wife n kids hated it (mainly the shoveling snow part). Yup. I made em shovel snow.

"Get off your cozy butts and go out there. Shovel some snow......NOW!" They hated me that day. I enjoyed it.

You just have to dress up for it. ;) I think it was -25F when I took the photo.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 23rd, 2016 at 12:52 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009

Saw this on a backyard garden here Japs, owner cguro Fan ng Plants vs Zombie

_/_/_/The more things are forbidden.. The more popular they become. _/_/_/

Sent from my iPhone 6s plus using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Cold is fun. I loved it although the wife n kids hated it (mainly the shoveling snow part). Yup. I made em shovel snow.

"Get off your cozy butts and go out there. Shovel some snow......NOW!" They hated me that day. I enjoyed it.
    I see what you did here. Snowblower for the dad, shovel for the hapless kids. I will let the plow truck to deal with you. Haha!

You just have to dress up for it. ;) I think it was -25F when I took the photo.
    I'm pretty I had more layer when I was there. Haha!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by forceG View Post
    Saw this on a backyard garden here Japs, owner cguro Fan ng Plants vs Zombie

_/_/_/The more things are forbidden.. The more popular they become. _/_/_/

Sent from my iPhone 6s plus using Tapatalk
    Is that a real onion?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I see what you did here. Snowblower for the dad, shovel for the hapless kids. I will let the plow truck to deal with you. Haha!
    Actually, we sold our snow blower shortly before we sold our house. We were living in an apartment by the time those photos were taken. We didn't expect to sell our house so soon. We were expecting a wait of six months or more. We failed to take into account the housing market was trashed in the Western US but not in the Northeast. We sold our house in less than two weeks. So......We had to get out and move somewhere until the tenants vacated our house in Arizona.

There were only two snow shovels. They shoveled while I sat in the garage and sipped hot cocoa.

It was the last major snow of our last winter in New York. They (my family) weren't appreciative enough of my efforts during the past six winters. So, I taught em a lesson in appreciation. Now they know how hard it was every time I went out there.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 25th, 2016 at 12:14 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With the peace agreement looming between the Colombian government and the FARC.....the closing of a chapter..... to me.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Some deja vu still.....

Such a beautiful sight. My only way out of the country.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 29th, 2016 at 12:07 PM.

PHOTOGRAPHERS: Post your photos !