New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 192 of 237 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2368
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Having a powerful optical zoom is so much fun 😀

Here's 30x from my Canon SX700 digicam

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    Having a powerful optical zoom is so much fun 😀

Here's 30x from my Canon SX700 digicam
    The Canon SX700 looks small and compact. That's what I need for traveling. It also looks just right for an airshow coming up soon. I have an old Canon EOS Rebel XS entry-level DSLR which takes great quality photos. But, it has limited zoom. It's what I will use for photographing static aircraft displays. But, I don't have a long-zoom digital camera for photographing aircraft making flybys. The Vixia R600 can take okay videos. But, the stills fall far short of those from a dedicated digital camera.

I did a zoom test yesterday. I had the camcorder set to sports mode and forgot to put it back to portrait. I then played the video fullscreen on VLC and hit the Print Screen key. There's chromatic aberration. Not sure if it's because of sports mode, a bad frame grab, or just the harsh morning light. Definitely not as good as a real digital photo.

I just need to find a tarantula and take some (really) close-up videos.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 2nd, 2016 at 11:31 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It's been a long time since I saw a tarantula in the back yard. Here's an older shot from 2007 taken with my old Coolpix 995. I had to get within a few inches of the spider to take the shot.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    One more zoom test..... For video, I think it's okay. Aircraft flybys in airshows are much closer.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Very nice shots, Jun! We seem to have the same interest in zooming in ☺

I checked and there's a recently released Canon SX720 with 40x zoom using Digic6.

It's 20MP. I just realized after getting my 30x digicam last year that shooting with the highest resolution is useful when viewing pics on screen and cropping images taken from afar.

I bet you can really zoom into that tarantula's eyes with a 20MP pic

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    good gosh!!!
    20 years ago... impossible!
    i wonder, what's next?

no wonder kodak gave up manufacturing regular film..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Very nice shots, Jun! We seem to have the same interest in zooming in ☺

I checked and there's a recently released Canon SX720 with 40x zoom using Digic6.

It's 20MP. I just realized after getting my 30x digicam last year that shooting with the highest resolution is useful when viewing pics on screen and cropping images taken from afar.

I bet you can really zoom into that tarantula's eyes with a 20MP pic
    Forget the tarantulas. I haven't seen one in a year and a half. Besides, the wife is scared of them.

Anyway, I love airshows. But, I don't seem to have the proper equipment for taking photos or shooting videos of aircraft flying around. The last airshow I attended, these were the closest I was able to get without compromising quality to digital zoom. I definitely need something better without spending too much.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    And look at the body of this 40x optical compact digicam. ***y! 👍

I'm not sure about how this performs with fast moving subjects like those planes, tho

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    And look at the body of this 40x optical compact digicam. ***y! 👍

I'm not sure about how this performs with fast moving subjects like those planes, tho
    If it has a Sports Mode, the stills and videos should look nice. Edit: Oh. A tripod helps a lot too.

Once I retire my 6-yr old DSLR, I may switch to something like that SX720. I usually move to a new camera every 7-8 years.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 3rd, 2016 at 11:29 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Yes, there's a dedicated sports mode (running man icon) on my digicam. I'll try to shoot some planes the next time I see one and post here.

What's good about Canon is they update regularly. Who knows z you may get a 50x next time 😀

PHOTOGRAPHERS: Post your photos !