New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    fish actually thrive in hard water. soft purified water will kill them. no need for special filter/s.

sa 20 gallons i prefer using sponge filter. may mga wattage ang mga powerheads. pinili mo saba yung mababa lang para di mabulabog mga isda.

ngayon nga i'm thinking of adding sponge filter... but parang ayaw ko magdagdag ng air pump.... and medyo masikip na setup ko ahah... siguro lagay ko sponge kapag namatay / nabawasan yung mga plants hehe..

yung pumili ako nung pump.. hinabol ko pinaka malaki that would make it sa 20gals... ang hinahabol ko was the maximum turnover ng tubig... hehe..

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    I also don't suggest Neon Tetra's, they are very sensitive fishes. Even in my well established planted tanks, I still loose Neon's on a regular basis. I have now switched to Cardnilas which are more hardy fishes. I currently have 4 aquariums and the favourite of my kids is my 5 gallon planted aquarium with Red Cherry Shrimps.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    ngayon nga i'm thinking of adding sponge filter... but parang ayaw ko magdagdag ng air pump.... and medyo masikip na setup ko ahah... siguro lagay ko sponge kapag namatay / nabawasan yung mga plants hehe..

yung pumili ako nung pump.. hinabol ko pinaka malaki that would make it sa 20gals... ang hinahabol ko was the maximum turnover ng tubig... hehe..
    huwag kang mag-add. palitan mo na lang yung powerhead mo. baka naman sa lakas ng pinili mong powerhead nagparang washing machine na yung aquarium mo? hehe

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    huwag kang mag-add. palitan mo na lang yung powerhead mo. baka naman sa lakas ng pinili mong powerhead nagparang washing machine na yung aquarium mo? hehe
    Di pa naman washing machine hehe. Itinapat ko yung buga ng power head sa shorter length ng tank para d gaano mabulabog sa agos ng tubig.

I tested the water kanina n ammonia is now zero, nitrite is still 5ppm. This is after 1 week, so mukhang tama yung 2 weeks conditioning... 1 week to let the ammonia eating bacteria to grow, hopefully another week to let the nitrite eating bacteria to develop. After that okay na siguro yung top up na lang n once a week palit ng 20% ng tubig. But parang nagsisisi ako at 20gals lang to kinuha ko. Parang masyadoblimited ang choices ng fish hehe. Mas gusto ko talaga flowerhorn or arrowana e.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ^it's good you know how to check your water parameters. the bigger the aquarium, the better. much less maintenance and it allows you to add in more fish.
    i like arowanas and sometimes the fh. boring lang kasi panoorin yung nag-iisa. sa bagay, kanya-kanya yan. dagdag aquarium ka na lang! yung 20gals mo gawin mo na lang hospital tank/treatment tank.

btw, to know the right food for your fish, know in what part of the tank they usually stay. bottom dwellers prefer sinking food. mid swimmers can either have floating or sinking food. near-surface dwellers take floating food. yung location ng mouth din ng isda can give you a tip on what kind of food you can give. i give a variety of food. may isdang kasing masasawain.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Plan ko now ihabol yung 2nd pipe na kasama sa undergravel filter para yun ang patakbuhinko para d gaano mabulabog yung isda. Ok lang kaya if 1 pipe is fitted with the pump head and the other pipe with bubble diffuser? Sa ganitong setup dapat one at a time lang tumakbo? O pwedeng sabay?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ^it's good you know how to check your water parameters. the bigger the aquarium, the better. much less maintenance and it allows you to add in more fish.
    i like arowanas and sometimes the fh. boring lang kasi panoorin yung nag-iisa. sa bagay, kanya-kanya yan. dagdag aquarium ka na lang! yung 20gals mo gawin mo na lang hospital tank/treatment tank.

btw, to know the right food for your fish, know in what part of the tank they usually stay. bottom dwellers prefer sinking food. mid swimmers can either have floating or sinking food. near-surface dwellers take floating food. yung location ng mouth din ng isda can give you a tip on what kind of food you can give. i give a variety of food. may isdang kasing masasawain.

Hmmm i get your point. Sa arowana obvious na floater. Sa janitor obvious na bottom. Pero sa gitna papano? Feeling ko kasi sobra dami ng plants na pwede pagtaguan o kaya talagang nabulabog isda which makes me want to add in the air pump.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hehe.. my wife just informed me now (I left early this morning...)... they found fishlings swimming around sa tank... looks like we have molly babies! hehe.. pano ba mag care nito?

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    hehe.. my wife just informed me now (I left early this morning...)... they found fishlings swimming around sa tank... looks like we have molly babies! hehe.. pano ba mag care nito?
    Does your aquarium have many plants (live or artificial)? You need to give the baby fishes place to hide or they will be eaten. Crush some fish food flakes.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Dami rin palang fish people dito. If you'd like to have goldfish and have them until they get really big I suggest a maximum of 2 for your tank size. Goldfish make a lot of waste. If you don't like frequent water changes you'll need a much bigger tank if you get more than 2. I used to have the fancy lot: lionheads, bubble eyes, pearl scales, ryukin, ranchus, etc. Starting to miss my tank now lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Which pet fish?