New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ^ There are actually critically acclaimed current Pinoy films out there such as this list here:

Best Film
    Amigo (Anarchists’ Convention Films)
    Ang Damgo ni Eleuteria (Creative Programs, Inc., Panumduman Pictures)
    Ang Mundo sa Panahon ng Yelo (Sampaybakod Productions)
    Chassis (Happy Gilmore Productions)
    Halaw (Los PeliculasLinterna Studio)
    Limbunan (Bidadali House Productions)
    Noy (Cinemedia Films, Inc., VIP Access Media Productions, Star Cinema, ABS-CBN Film Productions)
    Sheika (Skyweaver Production-Hydeout Entertainment, Alchemy of Vision and Light TV and Film Productions)
    Tsardyer (Creative Programs, Inc., Lasponggols Collective)

34th Gawad Urian nominees (2011) | Manunuri ng Pelikulang Pilipino (MPP)

Problem is, nobody is really patronizing such films. I doubt anyone who posted in this thread have watched a single film in the list, including me.

Besides, the movie industry as a whole--in the country and I bet globally as well--has been declining in terms of patronage with the advent of Internet and piracy...

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    iniinsulto and ating katalinuhan ng mga pelikulang pilipino

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ok naman mga commedy films natin, nakakatawa talaga, ok rin mga drama, pero sa action, talo, panay lumang sasakyan ang pinapasabog

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    gagawa sila ng fantasy films.....ang sagwa or tinipid naman yung special effects.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The situation the local movie industry is in mirrors that of the local vehicle fabricators. They both targeted the Pilipino masa with low quality products that cannot be exported. They are being squeezed out by the superior foreign competition.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I still remember times when I really wanted to catch this foreign film, but it was the MMFF week. Annoying as hell.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    I still remember times when I really wanted to catch this foreign film, but it was the MMFF week. Annoying as hell.
    Oh yeah... kainis nga.
    I remember that very well.
    As the the entire world watched the premier of LOTR: FOTR, TTT and ROTK, we get to sit back and wait for reviews from blog sites.
    Yung konswelo ko na lang were the Harry Potter films, since those were shown on November, a month before the MMFF.

I remember -- years earlier, pati yung Star Wars EP1 and EP2 were also victimized by the MMFF.

What the hell? If our local films are so good, the gov't won't need to impose a ban on foreign films during the MMFF!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    i can watch the old black and white classic filipino films. pero ngayon, para sakin ang mga pelikulang pinoy ay yari sa basura. sobrang panget! nasulyapan ko lang kagabi yung "ekis" na gawa ni eric mathis, sobrang punong puno sa katangahan!

i'd rather masturbate to a drawing on a wall than waste my time watching these crap!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Yeah, those old black and white Pinoy films from the 50's were quite good.
    Although some films still stuck to the horror+action+comedy+singing+dancing+romance in one film template, they were still watchable and actually entertaining.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    LOL, yeah, those were it. The LoTR series. I recall saying to myself then, "Maybe the only time when local movies could really make a killing is when they blocked off all foreign films during the Christmas family-get-together season."

Ah well...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Pelikulang Pinoy,Me Kwenta Pa Din Ba???