New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ano yun sailbus? (accdg to a post I saw earlier somewhere).

The authorities should also look into the possibility of mechanical malfunction, like the steering system, since this bus is a china made Kinglong. Kinglongs have been involved in weird incidents like suddenly catching fire (about five had already been torched this year I think).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    hehehhe,...skyway e, natural talagang lilipad siya dun, sky e, parang movie stunt lang ah, grabe...tsk!!tsk!!!
    Baka akala sa movie SPEED na pinatalon yung bus?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Update:
    (GMA NEWS NETWORK)
    Bus Conductor claims that they were not speeding, before the accident there was a sudden heavy down pour and strong crosswinds on the Skyway forcing the bus to fall of the side of the elevated road way...
    Isang malaking kahibangan...anong Crosswind?!? Eh, yun ngang mga maliliit namotor nagrereklamo na bakit di sila pinapayagang sa Expressway e pinagpipilitang di naman daw sila naapektuhan ng Crosswind ... bus pa kaya..

Naloko na, pwede nila sabihin yun sa lelong nilang panot.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pinakamaganda nga dyan.. lahat nang PUVs lagyan nang speed limiter up to 60kph to 70kph.. sobra nang daming accidents involving speeding buses..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The barriers are designed to withstand impact at certain speeds... If the earlier posters here want a Formula 1 or Indianapolis 500 type barrier then brace yourself for toll rates of PhP 1500!!!

I pass the Skyway almost everyday when I'm in Manila and looking at the damage on the bus and the barriers, it's very obvious the driver's pretending to be a regen meister ala one Michael Schumacher...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by balotski View Post
    this is already in sucat if i am not mistaken. i just checked the maps with reference to the company name shown at the background (schenker). i believe this is the skyway off ramp to sucat. this part of the elevated road is very well done that most of the motorist are literally speeding on this stretch of the skyway. i can therfore conclude that the driver ran faster than his guardian angel can...

the good side of this accident is that it did not involve any more civilians that are under the skyway area since this is a service road.
    You are correct bro. And it is the Skyway off-ramp to Sucat near Schenker/ABB....

I just took the cue from bro.shadow when he mentioned "sa may Marcelo raw"....

13.8K:gotcha:

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ABS-CBN and PDI have conflicting reports with regard to which direction the bus was heading. ABS-CBN says "... on its way to Alabang..." Skyway bus accident kills 3; 'strong wind' blamed | ABS-CBN News | Latest Philippine Headlines, Breaking News, Video, Analysis, Features,

while PDI says "travelling northward..." 4 hurt as bus falls off Skyway | Inquirer News

Anyway, regardless of which direction that bus was heading, one thing's for sure: strong crosswinds is a lame excuse, while overspeeding is the most likely culprit.

Kaka-inis. Now the skyway patrol will be stricter with enforcing speed limits. Paano na lang tayong mga may karapatan magpatakbo ng mabilis?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Passenger bus falls off Skyway