New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Naisip ko lang itanong kasi yung kaibigan ko, 2 years ng expired ang license. So back to square one (written, actual ulit) nung nagparenew sya.

Yun daw requirement ng LTO, pag expired na ang license ng 2 or more years.

Bakit kaya? Kahit naman siguro hindi ka nakapagrenew ng matagal e di mo naman basta makakalimutan pagmamaneho at traffic signs, etc. hehehe

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I noticed that whenever I don't get to drive for a week or so, I tend to become less alert or my reflexes aren't as quick anymore. It takes a while for me to adjust again.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    IMO, its like riding a bike. you'll never forget how once you learned. pero shempre, it would take some getting used to bago masanay ulit. i think its the same with driving...

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hindi nakakalimutan, nagungupas lang. Parang pantalon ngungupas ang kulay pero pantalon parin.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    IMO, its like riding a bike. you'll never forget how once you learned. pero shempre, it would take some getting used to bago masanay ulit. i think its the same with driving...
    yup. the same as riding a bike and swimming. naturally you have to adjust the first time.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007

After not driving for a long time is just like driving a different type of car from the one you are used to, you have to adjust for quite a while

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    True there was a time for like 3 years wala kaming manual na kotse. So yung nag drive ako ulit ng manual for the first time in a long while nahirapan ako ulit sa hanging Pero mabilis lang within the day nagrasp ko ulit and it was like the deja vu again....

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Driving is a skill. So, if you don't do it for some time, you're bound to be rusty the first time.

I had a different but fairly similar experience. Years ago, I was assigned in the US for a few months, so I was driving A/Ts there all the time. When I got back here, I needed to drive our M/T car the following morning. Upon backing up and exiting our garage, I didn't change (from 1st) gear so I was awkwardly driving our car until I reached the first hump in our village... It was a funny experience.... Now, it's a breeze for me switching from one to the other....

5909:burn:

Pagmamaneho, nakakalimutan ba?