The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pacman for next Phil President?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarte View Post
    Nice...tulo laway si PNoy.... you know.....

aside form that, madalas ko marinig ngayon sa kanya......"i mean....."

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Pa'no kaya naging usapan nila........
    it's like.... you know...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    it's like.... you know...

absolutely!
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    with unprecedented achievements in boxing and coupled with an admirable humility, everybody wants to be associated with pacman

tao rin naman si obama, ginamit nya lang ang position nya to get an audience with pacman. . .and yes, pangkuha yan ng mga fil-am votes

idol talaga si pacman. . .you know

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Obama didn't use his position. It's Senate Majority Democrat Harry Reid who benefitted from Pacquiao's campaining at ito ang reward niya. Reid used his position in the Democratic party to get Pacquiao to meet Obama...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Obama didn't use his position. It's Senate Majority Democrat Harry Reid who benefitted from Pacquiao's campaining at ito ang reward niya. Reid used his position in the Democratic party to get Pacquiao to meet Obama...
    if that's an opinion, i'd rather stick to mine. . .show a report saying that pacman initiated that meeting at the white house

i see this event as more beneficial to obama than to pacman--manny is still not that smart as a politician

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    if that's an opinion, i'd rather stick to mine. . .show a report saying that pacman initiated that meeting at the white house

i see this event as more beneficial to obama than to pacman--manny is still not that smart asa politician
    Did I say Manny initiated the meeting??? It was a reward for helping Reid get re-elected.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/reid-return...116244969.html

Fighters trade kudos in rounds on Capitol Hill

By Steve Tetreault
    STEPHENS WASHINGTON BUREAU
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2011 | 11:05 a.m.
    WASHINGTON -- A couple of well-known scrappers walked through the U.S. Senate chamber Tuesday.

Harry Reid and Manny Pacquiao both grew up in poverty: Reid in Searchlight, and Pacquiao in the southern Philippines.

Now at the top of their professions, the Senate majority leader from Nevada and the championship boxer and Philippine congressman swapped gifts and compliments during a joint appearance in the Capitol.

Reid, who was an amateur boxer in his youth, said he would have lasted no more than seconds in the ring with Pacquiao, the eight-division world champion whom Reid introduced as "the greatest fighter of all time."

"Everyone knows how much I admire people who get in the ring, whether it is the boxing ring or the political ring," Reid said.

He said Pacquiao has stood out not only as an athlete described as the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world but also as a role model as he was elected in May to the House of Representatives in the Philippines.

"The Filipino community looks up to Manny," Reid said in a Senate speech introducing Pacquiao. "He sets a welcome example of an athlete who does good for many. He is someone who isn't in public service for fame or glory or money but because he knows people need his voice."

The two met through Las Vegas fight promoter Bob Arum, who arranged for Pacquiao to campaign for Reid in the final days of last fall's Senate race. Reid, who said that about 80,000 people of Filipino descent live in Nevada, recalled the enthusiasm displayed toward the fighter at an Oct. 29 event at Orr Middle School.

Reid said he was returning the gesture as Pacquiao was in Washington to promote his May 7 fight in Las Vegas against Shane Mosley.

In his office, Reid showed Pacquiao and his wife, Jinkee, the Order of the Golden Heart award he received in 2008 from Philippine President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.

At a press event afterward, the senator presented Pacquiao with a U.S. flag that had been flown over the Capitol.

Pacquiao reciprocated by giving the Nevadan a flag of the Philippines. He described his visit as "an incredible moment" and a hope that the friendship between the United States and the Philippines will continue to grow.

Reid confirmed that he had arranged for Pacquiao and his wife to meet at the White House with President Barack Obama on Tuesday afternoon.

"Everyone has to understand I try not to bother the president, but I bothered him on this occasion," Reid said. "The president should acknowledge this man and the enthusiasm that people here in America have for him."

Arum told reporters, "The fact that the senator would walk Manny onto the floor of the Senate is a great honor."

He said Pacquiao campaigning for Reid "certainly helped" the senator win re-election.

"You can believe or disbelieve polls, but on the Friday before Election Day, Harry was four points behind, and on Election Day he won by five points," Arum said. "A lot of that was the enthusiasm that Manny created, no doubt about it.

"Sharron Angle elected to have John McCain at her final rally," Arum said. "I don't know what you think of John McCain, but he is no contest for Manny Pacquiao."
    Last edited by Monseratto; February 16th, 2011 at 11:20 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    tingin ko naman beneficial ito for all parties involve, Obama, Reid, Pacquiao, and the Sport of Boxing in general...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Did I say Manny initiated the meeting??? It was a reward for helping Reid get re-elected.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/reid-return...116244969.html

sorry, p're, we were pointing at two different coordinates

so it was reid and not obama. . .i just didn't believe manny--even with his stature--would have the guts to force something like that--his humility is really authentic and admirable

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Pacquiao meets President Obama