Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    confiscate pa rin pala ang license?

mmda lang ba yung "metrobank payment"?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Originally posted by pissword
    bakit sa skyway lang at wala sa SLEX mismo sa baba nanghuhuli?
    mas type nila ang overspeeding kaysa reckless driving?:confused:

baiskee,

yup, confiscate pa rin license.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Anyone knows kung anong RADAR ang gamit sa NLEX SLEX Skyway? Anong band ito,, Ka Band, K band etc etc (freq). Gumagamit ba tayo nung Radar na may Photograph, low power ito so hindi ito detectable ng mga detectors, shorter range pero may Photographs, ito ba ginagamit sa atin?? kase bida dati ng MMDA eh digital photo daw ang evidence para issuance of overspeeding ticket, tutuo ba yun?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's just a plain radar... don't know which band...

The enforcement is pretty stupid... di nga dapat sa Skyway! Dapat sa SLEX mismo! And the enforcement is spotty at best, and it reeks of "entrapment" if they catch you on the downhill section... 110? Try 105... my uncle was caught doing that in an MB van! Any speed difference under 20kph, you can fight, because:

1. Speedometers lie... a lot.
    2. The reading may be off. Calibration won't allow them to detect a difference of less than 10kph.
    3. And if they say you're only 10kph over, you can still say your speedometer said 100kph.

My cousin (a very conscientious driver who often berates me for speeding) got caught between Plaza A and B because he went over 40kph.

Again... ENTRAPMENT. Even buses do 50-60kph between those two Plazas...

I go 100kph most of the time on the long parts of the Skyway, and I still get passed by Benzes, Bimmers, Volvos and SUVs... do any of them get caught? But the moment some poor schmuck in a van or a Japanese car goes a shade over 100kph, out come the cops.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think some guys are over simplifying the situation, even in the US, if there's only one patrol car available and 2-more cars were obviously speeding, the officer can only apprehend one, sorry ka nalang kung ikaw yun..

Bottom line...

Did you speed? Yes or no... Simple... If yes, tanggapin mo, if you didn't it wouldn't have happened.

It doesn't matter what the "others" are doing.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The problem is the way they apprehend you... most of those I know who were caught were either a.) coasting downhill (thus exceeding 100kph slightly even when they were driving 100kph on the level) or driving at what their speedometer was telling them was 100kph.

I have only witnessed one "speed demon" being caught... and those are the guys who really deserve it.

They should go after the bigger offenders first. 10kph speed tickets are laughable. That small a difference should merit a stop and go warning, which should be hassle enough that the driver concerned will not repeat the offense. While real speeders should get a scalable ticket relating to their terminal speed... (ex: 500 for 140kph, 1000 for 180kph)... The punishment should fit the crime.... :D
    Last edited by niky; November 10th, 2004 at 08:43 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Niky I agree, but still.... Pilipinas to hehehhe...

Speaking of downhill, I got ticketed for $45 once when I was going home from school, 100 mtrs or so before our apartment, I cruised to neutral, kasi pababa sya, then boom, a cruiser apprehended me for going 40 on a 35 zone... hehe bad trip. I was literally 10-15mtrs away from our parking area.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by theveed
    Niky I agree, but still.... Pilipinas to hehehhe...

Speaking of downhill, I got ticketed for $45 once when I was going home from school, 100 mtrs or so before our apartment, I cruised to neutral, kasi pababa sya, then boom, a cruiser apprehended me for going 40 on a 35 zone... hehe bad trip. I was literally 10-15mtrs away from our parking area.
    LOL... ENTRAPMENT nga! :D :D :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ako naman dati i saw a BMW 5 series being pulled over sa toll plaza ng skyway..kinausap lang ata tapos after ng toll plaza, harurot uli..

dati naman i was doing around 90kph tapos i can see at my rearview mirror a speeding gen 2 CRV..tinapatan ako at iniwan..eh di overspeeding din yun...siguro mga 120kph na takbo nun nung iniwan ako..

nakakainis talaga..minsan kasi pag-natripan ka nila huhulihin ka na lang nila basta-basta...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    yun lang naman talaga ang nakakainis e. you are within the law 99% of the time. during that questionable 1% of time saka ka nila matityempuhan. bakit nga hindi yung mga #$%* driver na PU na halos 90% e obstruction & reckless driving ang ginagawa, sa tabi pa ng pulis. tapos ang reason nila ay humahapit lang sa trabaho nila. the simplest answer maybe is that private vehicles can pay the fine.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Overspeeding sa Skyway?!?