New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Malupit naman masyado yang car manufacturer na yan. Alam nilang defective yung parts, tapos nag-offer nga na papalitan pero may labor charge?! WTF?!

Kung sa Amerika nangyari yan, that carmaker is in for a class suit.

BTT: I'd tell the new owner, enclose the letter and leave it up to him as to what needs to be done.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus
    ~snip~
    BTT: I'd tell the new owner, enclose the letter and leave it up to him as to what needs to be done.
    yep, show the letter to the new owner.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    again, thanks to those who gave their opinions.

I have talked to the new owner, told him about it and there is no problem.

We will coordinate with each other for scheduling the repair.

My conscience is clear because the car I sold him is in good running condition, the parts replacement is more on preventive maintenance and when the repairs are done, it will run like new again.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    nice decision. you did the right thing.

OT: badtrip yang casa na yan. may issue pala about sa parts ng ex-car mo tapos late na nila sinabi sayo then labor would be shouldered by the owner pa. hindi kaya pinatagal muna bago inamin ng casa sayo through the letter?

(o mali lang ang pagkakaintindi ko sa verbatim mo ng story)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    good decision sir carboy_!
    a good conscience will give you peace of mind!
    peace of mind = health = priceless!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jundogg View Post
    nice decision. you did the right thing.

OT: badtrip yang casa na yan. may issue pala about sa parts ng ex-car mo tapos late na nila sinabi sayo then labor would be shouldered by the owner pa. hindi kaya pinatagal muna bago inamin ng casa sayo through the letter?

(o mali lang ang pagkakaintindi ko sa verbatim mo ng story)
    labo ba story..its more like..i had my PMS and after PMS you get their recommendation on what parts to replace and stuff. (its like a mechanic saying....i suggest you replace this, that, that, but not actually broken yet..but soon to be broken or wear out)....so when i saw this, i was suprise because i take care of the car well and pms as scheduled..i talked to their customer service and asked how i can have to under warranty. they advised me on what to do and wait for feedback. unfortunately, the feedback took weeks to get, but during the time i was waiting..i decided to sell the car. sold the car in a few days. after getting the documents and payment was made..days after..i received an email granting the request of parts to be covered for free.

if the car wasn't sold that quickly..and i received the letter, i would have it all fixed (labor paid) and still sell the car. its not that i dont like the car, but its time for its replacement.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by juntzo View Post
    good decision sir carboy_!
    a good conscience will give you peace of mind!
    peace of mind = health = priceless!
    alam mo sir..so true..and i have always been an honest person...i asked myself the same thing..if i was in the other guys shoes..id rather he tell me, then to find out and not be covered the warranty for the parts..at least..ill have something done to the car and pay less for it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    teka lang, anong car ba pinaguusapn natin at least para yun mga ibang tsikoters na meron kapaeho ng brand ng car mo eh maka-claim na rin ng warranty for the said part/s since it will cost 60-70k it might be a very important component ng car....and not replacing it may endanger their lives....

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    teka lang, anong car ba pinaguusapn natin at least para yun mga ibang tsikoters na meron kapaeho ng brand ng car mo eh maka-claim na rin ng warranty for the said part/s since it will cost 60-70k it might be a very important component ng car....and not replacing it may endanger their lives....

good point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
opinions pls: help needed