New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    cvt : sorry sir, iniwan ko na sa pangasinan yung 2cd nung umuwi ako last sat.

actually hiningi ko nga rin kay alpha_one yung site kasi sa kanya per album, yng sa akin, basta may nakalagay na apo hiking society, compile ko lang pos burn sa cd

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    evs_13,- it's alright.

Just trying to see if we can help Alpha_One find some of the missing songs from his collection. He has been so generous to us in sharing them.....

:starwars:

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Guys:

I sent you all (yung mga nag-PM) the last batch of files. Please enjoy.

EtonAPOsila sa... Counter-Strike?!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Okey lang naman yung revival album, it's just that some of the songs don't work.

Lemme derail my own topic and talk about the Kami nAPO Muna...

Best: Batang-Bata Ka Pa (Sugarfree). Maporma yung vocals na dating instruments.

Special mention: Awit ng Barkada (Itchyworms)

Okey lang:
    Doo Bidoo (Kamikazee)
    Yakap Sa Dilim (Orange and Lemons)
    Ewan (Imago)
    Bawat Bata (The Dawn)
    Paano (Shamrock)
    Panalangin (Moonstar88)
    Bakit ang Babae (Sandwich)
    Kabilugan ng Buwan (Drip)
    Kumot at Unan (Boldstar)

Absolute Rubbish
    Di Na Natuto (Sound) - WTF?!!
    Anna (Top Suzara) - isa pa tong WTF
    Pag-Ibig (Kitchie Nadal) - Hindi bagay. Doesn't work at all.
    Blue Jeans (Rocksteddy) - OA. Trying hard masyado.
    Nakapagtataka (Spongecola) - Super OA. Actually nao-OA-yan ako talaga kay Yael and I hate him. Yes I'm biased against Yael and Spongecola *runs away*

Blasphemous
    When I Met You (Barbie Almalbis). Such a beautiful ballad tapos naging... damn... I'm speechless! It's like... like... Eraserheads' Tuwing Umuulan at Kapiling Ka! *mob gets bigger, runs even faster*

Sabi ng pinsan ko appreciate naman daw niya kasi style daw ni Barbie yun. Note, Barbie fan yun so his opinion is just as worthless as my opinion on Spongecola. Sabi ko naman, yung Ewan ng Imago, Doobidoo ng Kamikazee okey lang. Yung When I Met You ni Barbie hindi. Parang Tuwing Umuulan ng Eheads, doesn't work. *launches in a rocket to outer space in a desperate attempt to lose the mob of Spongecola/Barbie/Eheads fans*

hehehe.. nice observation alpha_one..
    here's my review:

'di na natuto' by sound : if ur a fan of the pinoy indie jazz band "sound" (which is very good jazz band) , u will love this version of apo song.. honestly, im a fan of of this band.. i can relate to this because of sound's music (kinda jazz).. if u will try to listen to sound's bossamanila album, im sure u can relate to me.. hehehe..

'kabilugan ng buwan' by drip: this is one of my favorite song from the album.. the band 'drip' is also an indie group where their kind of music is a bit like of a techno.. and the voice of beng calma (the lead vocals) is simply amazing..

ang ayaw kong version ay yung 'when i met you' by barbie almalbis, grabe, parangang commercial na yng dating eh.. parang kasing tunog na ng mga commercial jingles na kinakanta ni barbie..

sana may version ng 'prinsesa' , 'mahirap magmahal ng syota ng iba' at 'tuyo nang damdamin'.. sana tinanggal nlng yung 'anna'

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    just finished dowloading all the albums sent by Alpha_One

again, thank you very much...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by space invader View Post
    hehehe.. nice observation alpha_one..
    here's my review:

'di na natuto' by sound : if ur a fan of the pinoy indie jazz band "sound" (which is very good jazz band) , u will love this version of apo song.. honestly, im a fan of of this band.. i can relate to this because of sound's music (kinda jazz).. if u will try to listen to sound's bossamanila album, im sure u can relate to me.. hehehe..

'kabilugan ng buwan' by drip: this is one of my favorite song from the album.. the band 'drip' is also an indie group where their kind of music is a bit like of a techno.. and the voice of beng calma (the lead vocals) is simply amazing..

ang ayaw kong version ay yung 'when i met you' by barbie almalbis, grabe, parangang commercial na yng dating eh.. parang kasing tunog na ng mga commercial jingles na kinakanta ni barbie..

sana may version ng 'prinsesa' , 'mahirap magmahal ng syota ng iba' at 'tuyo nang damdamin'.. sana tinanggal nlng yung 'anna'
    Well, I'm no fan of indie jazz or Sound and my opinion is that their rendition of Di Na Natuto is boring. As for Anna, yun kahit papano ko bali-baligtarin ang mundo hindi talaga pumapasok sakin - para bang last-minute addition.

Kabilugan ng Buwan is brilliant. It's one of the best songs, not my favorite but it's very, very good. Imago's pop attack on Ewan isn't my cup of tea, but I have to admit it's pretty catchy. I like Paano, but it's really more of a case of me liking the song very much and I think it's more of Paano saving Shamrock than the other way around. BTW, Paano is the only song on that album that isn't on the "Best Of" box set.

Oo nga. Walang Princesa, Softly, Mahirap Magmahal (the Isla Era version some people on Limewire as "Kami nAPO Muna" isn't), Tuyo Na'ng Damdamin, Suntok Sa Buwan, Saan Na Nga Ba'ng Barkada. Or my underrated favorites Kasal, Nakakagigil, Nagmamahal Sa'yo, I Love You. Anyway there's going to be a Kami nAPO 2, so I'm pretty sure some of those songs will be there.

I wish Universal would do another printing run of the old Apo albums. Gusto ko talaga ng orig na Twelve Years Together, True To My Music, The Worst of Apo Hiking Society, Songbuk, Barangay Apo, at Banda Rito (amf dami pala) heheh.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Alpha_One:

Got your PM on the last batch of albums.

Am proceeding with it at full blast (15kbps... hehehe)

Again, thanks so much!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    "Ibon ay nag-iipon ng damo pampugad
    Tao ay nag-aani bago umulan
    Ang mga mangingibig di na rin nalalayo
    Bilang ay siyam na buwan pag-ibig ay nagbubunga na rin

Buhay patakbo takbo, tila lolo na ako
    Paano nagkaganyan ang aking kalagayan?

Huwag mo nang intindihin, hiwaga'y huwag nang lutasin"

"Sayang ang hiwaga, pag di na siya hiwaga"

All albums in. Thanks so much Alpha_One!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    You guys got the stuff already, care to explain to me some of the songs?

Ajaw-Ajaw (translate)
    Kung Sino-Sino, Kung Saan-Saan (alam ko nagkukuwento sila, pero ano ba yung kinukwento nila...)

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    additional info:

the album Nescafe Open Up Party contains the songs of Apo sung by eheads and vice versa.. Apo did their version of Magasin & Pare ko.. while eheads did their own version of Pumapatak ang ulan & Blue jeans.. this is a live recording where both Apo and eheads are on the set...

in a rare coincidence, this came up first before there was a tribute album for the both bands, before the release of UltraElectroManeticJam & Kami nAPO Muna...

ayus diba, silang dalwa pa ang unang gumawa ng tribute album (sort of) sa isa't isa..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Old Apo Hiking Society Albums