New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by badsekktor
    if im not mistaken.. yun PT911 ng taurus ba yun mukhang glock na 9 mm? polymer handle... kung yun yon... ok lang sya... ok naman pumutok kaso ingat lang sa pag-babaklas pag polymers ang reciever dahil may mga plastic parts sa loob na pwede masira... mahirap kumuha ng parts kasi dito. . . . price range nila is 23 k para sa taurus PT911/millenium (yun yata name nya) yun LLama is around 30 k. . . . .
    Sir, the Taurus Millennium line is actually designated at PT111. Yes, it is a small-sized polymer-framed pistol. I haven't had anything break on the unit I have since I got it about two years ago. It looks like the image in this attachment.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The PT911 on the other hand, is a medium-sized steel/alloy frame pistol, which looks like the image in this second attachment.

I got my PT111 from Trust Trade at the basement level of Robinson's Galleria. They have an adequate selection of spare parts for most Taurus pistols. HTH.

BTW, I second yebo's sentiments... the only time I am justified in drawing my firearm is in self-defense. In fact, the knowledge that I am carrying a deadly weapon has made me more understanding and tolerant of the deviant behavior of some of our fellow motorists. Losing your cool while carrying is just not worth the trouble.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ilan ba ang allowed number of licensed guns for a particular person?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Civilians are allowed to possess one short (pistol or revolver) and one long (shotgun or rifle) firearm. If you're a gun club member in good standing, you are allowed to own more than this number provided you use the excess firearms in competition (kuno).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Medyo OT. But does anyone here know if the PNP FED is processing PTCs at the moment? Alam ko there's still a COMELEC imposed gun ban so I'm expecting that applications will be strictly screened. I'd appreciate help since I need to renew my PTC as well as my Firearms License.

Salamat po.
    Last edited by Altis6453; May 25th, 2004 at 05:37 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Comelec-imposed gun ban will only be until June 9, so that's one less obstacle to worry about. As to the PTCs... I think they are still processing them, but the process is very stringent. You need to prove there is an actual grave threat to your life and pay an astronomical processing fee. I hope the new President will continue to make the application process for PTCs strict, but realistic. For example, I don't mind taking psychiatric and gun-handling tests to prove that I am competent to carry a gun in public; what I do mind is that "need to prove I'm in mortal danger" clause.

For me, a gun is safety equipment. I want to be able to carry it any time, not just when I feel there's going to be trouble. Heck, if I knew there was going to be trouble, I'd just stay at home. You don't strap on a seatbelt only when you feel you're going to be in a car crash, do you?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
ok ba ang taurus and llama na baril?