New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jvdejesus05 View Post
    just a question to our concerned citizens... would you allow a nurse of batch 2006 take care of you when you or a family member is admitted and sick in a the hospital knowing the fact that there is a cloud of doubt wether they really passed honestly or by chance of leakage? knowing that this nurse is the one who will give the medications and other treatments ordered by doctors... we are thinking of public safety here guys...
    Given the frequency of professional board exam leakages in the country, I would say there is always a cloud of doubt if a professional passed honestly unless there is compelling evidence to prove otherwise (honors grad from reputable school, solid character, etc.).

The only difference with the 2006 nursing board exam, as is the case for all others that were publicized, is that there was a whistleblower.

Thus, in determining the competency of a particular professional, I would be more inclined to make the judgment based on that person's character and background. It will, of course, help tremendously if s/he graduated from a reputable school.

As for seeking medical treatment, the hospital obviously matters. After all, hospitals do have their own qualifying processes for hiring nurses as well and a reputable hospital will more likely have competent nurses.

So for me, I would not necessarily prejudge a 2006 nursing graduate re his or her competency to take care of me just because s/he was unfortunate to have belonged to this batch.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tama yun. The only difference right now is that the scandal was blown wide open, thus, the PRC tried their damnedest to make it difficult or near impossible to force a retake.

Like I've said before, pati Medicine board, may leakage, dati pa! My Mom says that during her take, there were rumors that the exam was leaked, and that the PRC had prepared a new one. Hours before the new one arrived, some students were already passing copies of the new one around...

And the Bar? Errrhhh... no comment.

Marami namang pumapasa on their own merit, and we should give them credit, pero board passing should not be the only criteria for hiring... as it has always been a dubious distinction.

RE: review centers? With the volume of nursing students, it's really hard to ensure that all of them are board-passing material. Some schools like to hedge their bets and make sure their students can pass.

Sad nga... in times when the demand is low, you mostly have students in nursing who are dedicated to becoming nurses... not to leaving the country and making big bucks. There are less of them, and they're more dedicated, and it's easier to produce a group that can clear the boards easily.

Take note, though... that part of the difficulty is in the boards themselves, which board examiners make extremely hard and sometimes obscurely so. Ika nga, the cum laudes who failed the board? Doesn't surprise me. Lots of people who have a hard time passing here can still top the US boards, and go on to practice over there with no trouble.

Our boards aren't hard because they test needed knowledge... sometimes they're just hard for difficulty's sake, to make sure fewer people pass.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Nursing Licensure Exam Anomaly... Please Read On...